Drama is about avoiding materialism. GB has $10k watch in one of the videos.

by ILoveTTATT2 21 Replies latest jw friends

• ILoveTTATT2
  • Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

How do you know it is $10K?

• ILoveTTATT2
  • ILoveTTATT2
    ILoveTTATT2

This is from the convention videos... the RC 2017

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

I suppose it could be a knock-off. They've been available for some time time now. And I'd imagine this to be specially so in NY City where street vendors sell all sorts of knock-off versions of name brand products.

http://nypost.com/2015/03/12/45-fake-apple-watch-already-on-sale-in-china/

• ILoveTTATT2
    ILoveTTATT2

They have the dough to buy the legit thing... why would they buy fake?

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut
    They have the dough to buy the legit thing... why would they buy fake?

Can't say for sure what the personal financial status of Jackson is but if he isn't wealthy or if he is and doesn't want to spend that kind of money on a watch, he might be so inclined as to buy a fake. The thing is, it could be considered a "showy display of ones means of life" by those who think it's real. They used to be big on not wanting to "stumble" anyone over our choices in dress and grooming.

• millie210
    millie210

Wasnt there a flurry of comments on someones watch once before in a video the Org produced? Then, the next time the person was on a video the watch was absent?

The case of the flip flopping watch brought to you by the flip flopping religion!

• tepidpoultry
    tepidpoultry

I'm trying to reconcile the idea that A GOVERNING BODY MEMBER was PUBLICLY wearing even what appears to be a $10,000 watch when an MS is being deleted over him having a beard,

The latter was being done on the basis that a brother with a beard was not "modest"

Huh?

:0)

• millie210
    millie210

Remember that song "Would Jesus Wear A Rolex On His Television Show?"

Guess it was prophecy!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit