AM III speech at anual meeting 2021

by Gorb 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Gorb
    Gorb

Just downloaded and watched the AM III speech about expetations about the end.

All I think it is ment to temper the high expetations that the rank and file have build up because of the pandemic.

Most JW think that the big end will come now.

GB must be anticipating the anti climax that will come.

It is a very rare speech, I can say, and AM III was in a realistic mood, the audience was laughing and he was thinking "you are idiots", so it seems to me.

G.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known
    All I think it is ment to temper the high expetations that the rank and file have build up because of the pandemic.

That may be putting it lightly. My opinion is that Morris was more or less trying to let the rank and file down easy. It was more like a game show host giving a consolation prize.

"We are not in the last day of the last days of the final part of the last days like Stephen Lett told you. On the bright side, being a Witness is the best life, ever! Just listen to these letters that state that from Witnesses just like you."

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I mentioned in another topic, I just breezed through the Annual Meeting video.

OMG! He is kicking the GT can down the road. Interestingly, most of what he says is exactly what people have been whispering. (And I always find it interesting that this is how they always address these issues, ie, 1914 being 100 years ago. When they end their silence they tackle it head on and put some good spin on it.)

This time it is: Mom is dead. Grandma is dead.Great grandma is dead. And now I'm as old as they were when they died. Yet, they all felt (as I do) that they were going to live right through the GT and Big A and stroll right on into the Panda Petting Paradise. But instead they all died. No Paradise in sight. Still they are to be commended because they were always "On the Watch" and "living in expectation". AND....... all that doesn't really matter because when they wake up in the resurrection it will be as if they had just slept through the night but awakened into Paradise.

WHAT HE FAILS TO SAY is that these people had put the rest of their lives "on hold". They had not saved and planned to get old because they were assured that they would NEVER get old. But as usual, he blames it all on them. He reads the verse that "no one knows the hour, ...... not even the son". SO............ they ignored the Bible. Yes, my friends, it's all their own fault!!

SO.... HE ALSO FAILS TO SAY that everyone of them was assured by "God's F&D Slave" that they would not die and that they would walk right into Paradise. These people did not all pull this bullshit out of their @$$. We all know that WT Leadership has been beating that drum of "IT'S RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER" for over 100 years! They only pull out that scripture that "no one knows" when it's convenience for them to cover their ass of failures.

So, brothers and sisters, it is still RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER. But the corner is still so damn long that you very well may get old and even die before we make the turn. Amen.

think

• Alive!
    Alive!

But wait, so again, it Is all about the witnesses who are already subscribed....what about those that we witnessed to who smelt a rat, who already had little trust in religions and then read that one big prophetic statement after another was flimsy to say the least. ( by the GB) Then they read the deceptive ‘quotes’ where the Watchtower writers manipulated text from different sources. Yes, they did this.

There was NO final end within a generation of 1914. Yet, I was absolutely indoctrinated with that - as so many.

They are all about capturing the fearful loyalty of the already long indoctrinated flock. It’s been like that for at least a couple of decades.

They have no right to hold themselves above any other Christian leadership.

I’m sorry. Yes, they are just human, so yes I get that they can be allowed some slack.....but they, themselves promote and station themselves as the conscience and mini-god of the folk who subject themselves to them.

That’s not acceptable.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

He seems to be the chosen one to deliver these “realistic” messages at the AGM. He was the one who announced the cutbacks in 2017, including discontinuing the Yearbook, to save money.

I do believe he’s probably telling the truth when he claims that he downplayed the definite statements about Armageddon in the 1970s and 80s. Because there were some Witnesses who did make cautious statements like that and he could well have been one ot them. Plus his children would remember if he said what he,claims, so he probably wouldn’t say it if it wasn’t true. Although it does seem problematic if he was saying that Armageddon could be as late as 2020, because that would have contradicted the “generation” teaching at the time.

I wonder, is AMIII is actually unaware of the 1969 Awake! that said youngsters would not finish college. Or is he entirely cynical in putting those words into the mouth of misguided JWs? I wonder what he’d say if someone pointed out that Awake! to him.

• FFGhost
    FFGhost
    I wonder, is AMIII is actually unaware of the 1969 Awake! that said youngsters would not finish college.

IIRC, he was not raised as a JW, and in fact served as a medic in the Vietnam war.

I think I remember his birthdate as in or around 1950, which would have likely put him in Vietnam in the late 60s or early 70s. So he would not have been an active JW when that article came out.

Reading old Awake articles just for the hell of it wouldn't have been a "thing", especially if he was kept busy as a CO and later a Bethelite, then onto XYZ committee and finally the GB.

"Apostates" are pretty much the only ones who highlight that article, and it doesn't appear on any JW Library or WT website links, so given his sheltered life in the Warwick compound, it is entirely possible he has never seen it.

• Listener
    Listener
    Slimboyfat - Although it does seem problematic if he was saying that Armageddon could be as late as 2020, because that would have contradicted the “generation” teaching at the time.

Morris said he couldn't remember if he told his kids that Armageddon could be as late as 2020 before 1975. However, he told his kids that when it was a Watchtower teaching that 'this generation' would occur before the generation that saw 1914 passed away. I think he said they were sitting in the back of his car.

He was either defying the doctrines of the Governing Body or he had just made the whole story up. Since he would never admit to lying then he has just given permission to all JWs that it's okay to not only contradict Watchtower teachings but it's also okay to make it public, as he did with his own kids and likely his wife.

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

I wouldn't trust a single word Anthony Moron da Turd says, or as far as I could toss his overweight ass. He's a lying scumbag who lives high off the hog of the donations of the pauper rank-n-file sheeple. A true charlatan and false prophet. Did you catch him waddling away from the podium? Good lawd! He's even larger around than Mark Sanderson. In fact, looks like Sanderson lost some weight around the mid-section.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I'm surprised he wasn't too drunk to actually talk at all.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

maybe AM3 could be going apostate.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit