How do I quote on this site?

by Nevuela 26 Replies latest forum tech-support

• Nevuela
    Nevuela

Every time I've asked this in an existing thread, I've never gotten an answer, so forgive me for starting a new thread in order to ask again. I simply cannot figure out how to quote someone with the standard yellow box. I can copy/paste the quote, sure, but nothing I do makes it appear in a yellow box like everyone else. I've tried the Quote icon and the Paragraph icon and the Link icon and the Code icon, both before and after pasting the quote in the comment box. I've highlighted the quote while doing so, and not highlighted it. I've done everything I can think of. What am I doing wrong? :(

• smiddy
    smiddy

Every time I've asked this in an existing thread, I've never gotten an answer, so forgive me for starting a new thread in order to ask again. I simply cannot figure out how to quote someone with the standard yellow box.

You have got me I dont know how to do it either ,It took me donkeys ages to do what I did here ?LOL

• never a jw
    never a jw

You use the button with this symbol ". However, if your web browser is Internet Explorer, it doesn't work. If you use Firefox it works.

• cofty
    cofty
    I simply cannot figure out how to quote someone with the standard yellow box.

Copy-paste the bit of text you want into the "Have your say" box.

Click at the end of the text and enter a new paragraph or two.

Click anywhere inside the paragraph you are quoting

Click the quote box ...

Type new stuff below

• never a jw
    never a jw

Every time I've asked this in an existing thread, I've never gotten an answer, so forgive me for starting a new thread in order to ask again. I simply cannot figure out how to quote someone with the standard yellow box.

I just used Firefox, but Internet Explorer doesn't give me the same results

• smiddy
    smiddy

By george I thought I had it ,how do you then get out of the yellow ?

nevuela , I`m with you LOL My excuse is old age ,whats yours.?

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

smiddy: My excuse is old age

isn't that like, you know, ageist?

A casual ageism that perpetuates the stereotype of older people

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ageism

• snugglebunny
    snugglebunny

Type in the bit you want to highlite:

I want to highlight this.

Then type in the rest of your post.

Go back to the bit you want to highlight.

Block it in.

Click on the quotation marks on the top of the posting box.

• fokyc
    fokyc

Using the above instructions:-

I've tried the Quote icon and the Paragraph icon and the Link icon and the Code icon, both before and after pasting the quote in the comment box. I've highlighted the quote while doing so, and not highlighted it. I've done everything I can think of. What am I doing wrong?

I'm 84 and I can do it!

• snugglebunny
    snugglebunny
    I'm 84 and I can do it!

Fuck. I thought I was the oldest poster here.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit