Watchtower’s 53 Date Failures -- Prophetic Declarations Quietly Abandoned

by FatFreek 2005 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I therefore have no problem using them.

I have no problem with you using them either. I'm just trying to quote what any diehard JW would use to defend those "errors". Under their new understanding, Russell was never part of the F&D Slave. He was just another sincere individual earnestly seeking to understand God's Word, but what he wrote and stated was never via the "direction" of Holy Spirit as CJ had not yet made his appointment of the "Slave".

• Bruisedandbleeding12
    Bruisedandbleeding12

Thanks for the update, looking forward to comparing the two manuscripts! Bruised

• FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005

Apology up front.

The internal hyperlinks to the bookmarks don't work. It's not your fault -- it's mine.

See all those dates in that table on page 3? Well, they are all hyperlinked to the appropriate bookmark later in the doc, supposedly to take you directly to the information on that specific date. Don't work.

Then, to take you back to the top, that text between tables, "Back to Top" -- those, too, are supposed to be hyperlinks that quickly take you back to that date table. Doesn't work either.

Any of you tech gurus out there who use LibreOffice Writer or Open Office Writer, and who may have some tips to make this work, please yell back, preferably to the topic that I will open on the technical section -- so we don't clutter this thread.

Len

• FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005

Our friend over in the technical section gave me a tip that appears to make those hyperlinks work. I've since added an alert directly above that table of 53 dates. It reads something like this:

The following dates are hyperlinked to their referenced quotations. This provides very quick and convenient navigation to and from dates of interest. However, the links only work if this file has been downloaded to your machine. To do that (if you're using the Chrome browser), look for the download icon. Then open that file with your machine's default PDF reader.

Len

• baldeagle
    baldeagle

Great document. Thanks so much for all your research.

• ElderEtta
    ElderEtta

A long-awaited tool

• NotNew
    NotNew

Great work...I'll add it to my files . THANKS

• cha ching
    cha ching

Thanks, Len... I love researching, haha!

• FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005

Thanks -- Baldeagle, Etta, NotNew, and Cha ching. You've all made the effort worth every bit of it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit