I have also returned.....

by SanFranciscoJim 19 Replies latest jw friends

• SanFranciscoJim
    SanFranciscoJim

After being absent from this board for a couple of years, at the gentle prodding of Rayzorblade, I have come back.

Although I am still going by "San Francisco Jim", I've since left California and am now living in Pennsylvania.

While I am here, please allow me to make a shameless plug for the new message board for gay & lesbian exJWs at: http://frost.bbboy.net/acommonbond

Kind Regards to all.....

JIM

• Gopher
    Gopher

Welcome back to the board, Jim! I remember we joined about the same time in 2001.

I always enjoyed your contributions to this forum! (In my best ministry school overseer voice... "we look forward to your next post")

• Matty
    Matty

Welcome back Jim!

They are a great bunch of people at A Common Bond, thanks for giving them a plug. That board colour scheme though is enough to give you a migraine!

• SanFranciscoJim
    SanFranciscoJim

That board colour scheme though is enough to give you a migraine!
    Thanks for the input. This is exactly what I was looking for. I have just softened the colors to pastels. You're right! Much easier on the eyes.....

• Simon
    Simon

Welcome back Jim !

• LeslieV
    LeslieV

Welcome back to the board Jim. I think it has grown alot in the last two years. Wow Razor is sure bringing Simon lots of new people!!!! I look forward to knowing more about you and your story.

Leslie

• SanFranciscoJim
    SanFranciscoJim

If you want to know all about me, my story is posted at:

http://www.gayxjw.org/jimstory.html

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Dunno if I should celebrate, but what the heck!

Welcome back to the forum Jim. I know things were quite different a couple of years ago here.

But we've got what I'd call, quality people on here.

I'm glad you posted the link to your ACB (A Common Bond) page. For those who are exJW and gay, well, it's a good start. There are some very good people over there.

If you haven't read Jim's story, please do so. No matter how you feel about a particular subject, sometimes the parallels are similar to other people who struggled with the WTS/JWs and their doctrine/policy/DF/DA etc.

Thanks Jim.

Job well done over there on ACB.

Best wishes to you and your partner.

Respectfully yours,
    Rayzorblade

• Tinkerbell4125
    Tinkerbell4125

Hey SanFrancisoJim, nice to meet'cha!

I read your story, you poor baby. I'm glad that you're finally out and clean and sober too!

I'm not gay, but I miss my gay friends. I'm a retired hairstylist *well 43, but retired* and I miss the circle of gay buddies that I ran with in the ol days. After the hair shows, we would all pile up and go to all the gay bars in town. It was a blast! I'm glad that your are being true to yourself and realize what a great guy you are!

I was raised in the org. Got baptized in 1973, at 13 thinking that Armegeddon was coming in 1975. My hubby and I d.a.ed ourselves in 1999. Maybe one of these days I'll post my story. Anyway, nice to meet ya SanFrancisoJim! Tink

• Matty
    Matty
    I have just softened the colors to pastels.

Hmm! Much better Jim, it's much more tasteful now, very nice. I given the old board an occasional lurk, but haven't joined on account of me not being gay. Do you have to be to join? I do own a Dusty Springfield record, so maybe that might be good enough for you?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit