Almost three months since Crisis of Conscience Cease and Desist

by ILoveTTATT2 33 Replies latest jw friends

• ILoveTTATT2
    ILoveTTATT2

I don't need the book myself per se, I know the WT is false. I am just asking about the book because I have a page on Facebook with over 5000 followers now of exJW's who speak Spanish, and they have asked me a couple of times for the book in Spanish. In English, the book is available in libraries, or you can purchase it from a few places at a relatively high cost. Fine. But in Spanish, and surely in other languages, there is literally not a single legal copy available anywhere, every page that seems to have it says "sold out", "no longer in print", etc.

I am respecting Deborah's wishes and the law, and so I am even discouraging the sharing of the PDF...

I am not trying to be a jerk, just trying to know what's going on. I believe I did send an email to them and never got a reply, I will check my mailbox.

I sincerely hope that the issue will be resolved soon. I'd love to point out to the legal purchase outlet of the book in Spanish and other languages.

• ILoveTTATT2
    ILoveTTATT2

So I asked around in my webpage if people thought that CoC was important for their awakening.

One person responded:

"That book was so decisive in my exit from the cult that I can tell you that if I hadn't read it, I probably would not have gone out. At least not as sure as I was when I did leave."

Then I asked him how he had read the book. His response:

"When I read it, I read it in English in PDF format and then I bought it on EBay in English. I could never get it in Spanish even though I looked for it high and low so that my parents could also be able to read it. I even contacted the editorial in Spain that for a short while legally printed it. So finally I downloaded the Spanish PDF from the internet and I made a printed copy and it ended up being well. But obviously for personal use and not for sale."

I will contact Deborah to know about the status, but, although there are other books that are useful to help others come out of the cult, one must realize that NOTHING has the same weight as someone who was in the Governing Body.

Penton wasn't in the GB, nor was Carl Olof Johnsonn. But Franz was.

In any case, Penton´s books are only in English, as far as I know.

Times of the Gentiles reconsidered is very widely available in PDF format in Spanish, and as far as I know, it is freely available for download, so the issue of copyright or paying for that book is not in issue.

But really, let´s consider what book would wake up a JW faster and easier:

A book by an ex member of the GB, dealing with things that a Mexican JW, for example, would INSTANTLY know he is telling the truth (Cartilla issue), or a very in depth book that requires sitting down and reading it a couple of times before you even get it, from an author that was never in the GB?

Not everyone is as lucky as I am, I speak 4 languages, I am completely bilingual Spanish-English. If the info is not in Spanish, a lot of JW´s are left in the dark, and people will do everything they can, even downloading a book in PDF form, to help their relatives wake up.

Again, not trying to be a jerk, just highlighting how pressing the issue is.

• ILoveTTATT2
    ILoveTTATT2

Just FYI,

My bad. I had not written an email to Deborah, I thought I had. Now I have, and will await for her response.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter
    I hope it's available soon. I appreciate your reasons for feeling urgent. I left around the same time as franz and his book was a validation for me. I got it in 86/7? Wish mom would've read it! When was it first published? I looked so hard for back then! I lived in NYC. Man, that takes me back!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit