Almost three months since Crisis of Conscience Cease and Desist

by ILoveTTATT2 33 Replies latest jw friends

• ILoveTTATT2
    ILoveTTATT2

I am very interested in getting Crisis of Conscience being fully available as soon as possible. March 12th will mark exactly three months since the cease-and-desist letter was written.

I understand that things are slow and that Deborah may be sick, but I was just wondering if anyone knew the status. I have been asked twice already where the book can be obtained in Spanish and I have told people that the book is not available.

There are ways to make ebooks extremely hard to share. Adobe Digital Editions, for example, is used to "borrow" a book.

I hope that the book is available soon, in many accessible formats, and in many languages.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

i think in a years time you will still be waiting.

If anyone was to ask me for it i would just either email them the pdf or point them to it on the internet, I might also suggest the official version might be being made available at some point and they should seek that out if and whenever that does in fact become available, (but then again i might not)

• jookbeard
    jookbeard
    WMF, I'd 2/3 years down the line we will be still waiting
  • ILoveTTATT2
    ILoveTTATT2

I hope you're wrong on that, WMF. Absolutely pissed that all of this was caused by some activists who suddenly were self-righteous if it meant scoring against another activist.

I want to keep within the law and respect Deborah, so I won't do as per your suggestion.

But it doesn't hurt and it's not illegal to comment on the information that's inside the book (i.e. making an article about the Malawi-Mexico scandal, or how the Governing Body actually works, etc).

Meanwhile, I do await for the book. I hope Deborah can get the book out asap, in all languages.

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo
    Ask Cedars for it...joke.
  • blondie
    blondie

I'm sure she is aware of the impatience of some on this board; to the point that they are probably still making copies on the sly.

jws left before Ray's book and others will continue. I left mentally before I even knew about his books. His books will have little effect on any jw that has not already taken that most important step to question the WTS infallibility.

There is a reason both Ray and Cynthia trusted Deb with this task. She has qualified people helping her. She and her husband have paid a heavy price not seeing their children or jw family for years. They have caring hearts and it has not been easy. They have even less finances than many of us.

I doubt anyone here knows what it takes to transfer over a copyright, especially one being pressured by the WTS to see it not come.

Why not prove to the WTS that we are not the kind of people that turn on each other and eat them.

There are many other fine books out there.

Captive to a Concept

Jim Penton's books

Barbara's books

etc.

• ILoveTTATT2
    ILoveTTATT2

Blondie,

Like I said, I will wait for Deborah, and I am respecting both her wishes and the law regarding this. However, I believe that a monthly reminder or checkup is necessary. Meanwhile, I will look at other books and the information they contain to see if they can help JW's wake up.

Thanks!

• dubstepped
    dubstepped
    People have wanted the book to be available for a long time, so I don't think there's a great lack of patience. I for one am grateful that it was made available on audio as it was instrumental in helping me cut through the crap of the JWs. Has there been any transparency on this process of getting the book out? Often a lack of patience is more just a lack of information. What's the deal? Can people do something to expedite the process? You mention a lack of funds. Is that the holdup? Are they separated from family because they're investing all of their time in the book or for reasons like all of us have? I don't know the story behind the story but this book is monumentally important.
  • talesin
  • jookbeard
    jookbeard
    pea and ham talesin?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit