The “simplified” congregation donation arrangement

by slimboyfat 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Did anyone else experience a nostalgic throwback to the 1990s when the latest Watchtower announcements presented their demand for increased donations from congregations as a “simplified” arrangement?

5. Adjustment to Resolved Congregation Donations: In the past, the congregation was presented with multiple resolutions to donate funds to the branch office in support of vari- ous activities cared for by the organization. This arrangement has been simplified. For the upcoming service year, the congregation will be presented with a single resolution to do- nate a monthly amount to the worldwide work.
    The phrase “simplified arrangement” was all the vogue for a while in Watchtower speak, especially during the 1990s.

For example we had:

The simplified magazine arrangement which meant we’re not going to send out personal subscriptions any more

The simplified literature arrangement which meant we’ve been prevented by law from charging for the literature but keep sending us the money all the same

The simplified food arrangement which meant we can’t make money from selling food at the conventions any more so just bring your own

I’m sure there were others, but I’m struggling to remember the details. Was there a simplified elder arrangement and a simplified pioneer arrangement too? Can you remember any other “simplified” arrangements? Was scrapping the book study meeting also described as a “simplification”?

Some common features of these “simplified arrangements“ include:

1. They save Watchtower money

2. Cost ordinary JWs more money

3. Make JW life a little bit less enjoyable

4. Watchtower don’t state the real reason behind the new “arrangement” you have to figure it out for yourself

I would find it interesting to trace the origin of this Watchtower jargon and its use over the past few decades.

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

Creditcards accepted!

G.

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

You make me laugh, sbf!

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

I pointed out to millionaire elder, clever business man, one time maths teacher that the 3rd year of Jehoiakim's rulership was the 3rd year of Jehoiakim's rulership.

He told me I couldn't be certain. He told me he was just a simple man.

So 'simple' in their speak means 'crafty'.

Must make sure the Oxford English Dictionary adds this into their new, simplied definition of the word 'simple'

• Fadeaway1962
    Fadeaway1962

A simplified way to manipulate and control all aspects of a JWs life

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I will simplify it all the way. By not donating at all. And not going to boasting sessions, physical or Zoom, or field circus, at all. Cost is zero, and they make zero from me.

• Overrated
    Overrated

I have simplified my life by no longer being a JW.

• tiki
    tiki

Yep...the best simplification and the most happifying too...extricate yourself from that loony organization!!!

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

They have mastered the cunning use of words. Unfortunately, there will be no award ceremonies in hell.

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

Don't Forget we are dealing with "simpletons"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit