107 Columbia Heights For Sale

by wifibandit 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds

I don't know if they had that planned so far in advance. It's possible but here's some things I know first hand.

I was at Bethel living in 107 (or Ghetto 7 as we called it) in 2003. That year they started moving people out of the building floor by floor. The reason was so they could do said renovations. A couple years later they installed new laundry facilities in one of the factory buildings because shortly after that 360 Furman closed up so they needed a new laundry.

There was probably a bit of future proofing involved in renovating 107, since it could easily be flipped for residential living. I don't think they would have put all that money into the factory complex at that point if they planned on closing up shop in Brooklyn, even if it was 10+ years later. I don't think they have that sort of foresight.

I still have no idea why they bought land at Warwick. There is TONS of unused land at Patterson and Wallkill. They could have economized even further by building a new HQ building at Patterson, for example, since some of the departments were split between Patterson and Brooklyn.

I think they were expecting to be rolling in dough so they went ahead with the plans. They totally didn't see the financial issues they are experiencing.

• OneEyedJack
    OneEyedJack

To echo Barrold Bonds I lived in there at the same time and 107 was long overdue for an upgrade. Te rooms did not have bathrooms, and the community bathrooms were old and the showers barely drained and it was window a/c units only and old loud heating radiators.

It was the ghetto but we liked it because it was so bad that no one important ever came on the floors and you could get away with being louder and such because in the other buildings you were more likely to have a "heavy" on your floor who would complain if you had people over and had any noise in the hallway.

• wifibandit
    wifibandit

No kidding about 107 being Ghetto. Who knew WT had it's very own projects!

It was always a good idea to live far from the "heavies". Not to mention the views of the promenade! I knew some guys who would sit up in the room and look at the Joggers run by.   ;-)  Spanks indeed!

• Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds
    Nothing like the gross smell of decayed chicken bones coming from the garbage hopper over the weekend lol.
  • fulano
    fulano
    Anything better than the "posh" Bossert where you felt ashame to walk out without a tie... Nevertheless we had the liquor-store next to us, you could find Losch there day and night.
  • violias
    violias
    I can't recall where I read this but the area known as " Dumbo" is being sold and Donald Trump's son is the buyer.
  • Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds
    Dumbo is over by the old factory complex. 107 is smack dab in the middle of Brooklyn Heights.
  • darth frosty
    darth frosty

I used to live there 107-750 I think.

Loved the view and hanging out on the roof.

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee
    So how much are the asking for, or hoping to get, for the 107 building?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit