meditation now OK

by tottenkopf 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• tottenkopf
    tottenkopf

I see Ken Flodine spelling saying in the new zoom assembly that you should meditate. When I was in the cult that was a huge no no. It was called blanking your mind and the demons could take control.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

They have their own definition of meditate. In Watchtower speak, meditate means to go over in your mind how correct Watchtower is in everything they say, and to think of ways to conform ever more closely to Watchtower instruction.

• sir82
    sir82

SBF is exactly right.

"Meditate" is another one of those words that they have redefined to suit their needs.

Meditate = sit and think about WT writings.

Spiritual = performing actions that WT approves of

Mature = not questioning anything that the WT has written

Etc.

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

I was thrown out last year but the several years before this they were telling us to sit in our chairs at the convention when the music started. They were getting really insistent on it. You were supposed to get into the right frame of mind to take in information.

I watch a CO on the platform sit on his chair and look at us all as the music started. Then he flapped around his Watchtower. Looked at it. Looked at the ceiling and waggled his foot. He kept doing that until the music ended.

Guess he was meditating. He looked really bad tempered.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I'm an old-timer, and to me this is stunning (which is probably also un-approved).

What's next in the re-shaping of "authentic Christianity"?

• Biahi
    Biahi

Seems like they demand more and more conformity, glad I’m out.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

There are in fact different forms of meditation, and the version that is now acceptable always used to be acceptable. One would focus on life in that new Dark Ages, and hence donating energy for joke-hova to use in enslaving the whole world. That is what they actually wanted you to do, putting it up there with prayer, reading the book of lies, going to boasting sessions, and field circus.

However, what they are against is a form of meditation called void meditation. That is where you blank out everything. Other meditations involve chanting mantras and runes, and that is also taboo within the washtowel.

• Overrated
    Overrated

Yes, I meditated on WT. But my inner self told me that this is all crap. Now I meditated on other things.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

It originated back in the 1980s when a Convention speaker was misheard as saying brothers and sisters need to use meditation when they read the Society’s literature. What he actually said was that brothers and sisters need to use medication when they read the literature. But meditation stuck, so they decided to run with it.

• Overrated
    Overrated

You need medication after reading Wt literature. Lol.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit