Trampling of the nation's, persecution of holy ones.

by Sardis 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Sardis
    Sardis

Matthew 24:15

15 “Therefore, when you catch sight of the disgusting thing that causes desolation, as spoken about by Daniel the prophet, standing in a holy place (let the reader use discernment),

Luke 21:24 *(This scripture is incorrectly referenced to Daniel 4:25. Correct would be to revelation 11:2 NWT)

24 And they will fall by the edge of the sword and be led captive into all the nations; and Jerusalem will be trampled on by the nations until the appointed times of the nations are fulfilled.

Daniel 9:27

27 “And he will keep the covenant in force for the many for one week; and at the half of the week, he will cause sacrifice and gift offering to cease. “And on the wing of disgusting things there will be the one causing desolation; and until an extermination, what was decided on will be poured out also on the one lying desolate.”

Daniel 11:31

31 And arms will stand up, proceeding from him; and they will profane the sanctuary, the fortress, and remove the constant feature. “And they will put in place the disgusting thing that causes desolation.

revelation 11:2

2 But as for the courtyard that is outside the temple sanctuary, leave it out and do not measure it, because it has been given to the nations, and they will trample the holy city underfoot for 42 months.

revelation 12:17

17 So the dragon became enraged at the woman and went off to wage war with the remaining ones of her offspring, who observe the commandments of God and have the work of bearing witness concerning Jesus.

revelation 13: 5-7

5 It was given a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies, and it was given authority to act for 42 months 6 And it opened its mouth in blasphemies against God to blaspheme his name and his dwelling place, even those residing in heaven.7 It was permitted to wage war with the holy ones and conquer them, and it was given authority over every tribe and people and tongue and nation.

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

To trample. מִרְמָס trampling-place, trampling, overtrodden land (HALOT). It shall become a trampling, be trampled down (Is. 5:5; 7:25; 10:6; 28:18; Ezek. 34:18; Mic. 7:10). In Daniel stars, an army and a holy place, are to be trampled by the small horn/fierce king (Dan. 8:9, 10, 13, 23). Jerusalem is to be trampled until the times of the Gentiles have been fulfilled (Luke 21:24b ESV; cf. Zech. 12:1-3; 14:2). In Revelation the outer courtyard of the temple is to be trampled underfoot by the nations for 42 months (Rev. 11:2; cf. 1 Cor. 3:16, 17; 2 Cor. 6:16; Eph. 2:21, 22).

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Sardis , It`s O k to quote scripture after scripture if that makes you feel good ,but it is meaningless unless you have to give those scriptures your interpretation to what they mean and their fulfillment.

Remember however, those scriptures were written 2000 years ago ,and the scriptures never identify what time period they were ever to be applied to

.If any.

By the way ,Sardis welcome to the forum ,i hope you stick around ,some very interesting discussions take place on this forum.

Take care.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Welcome!

I bet you've been here before under a different name.

Trying to make something meaningful out that BS doctrine written by goat herders will make a person crazy!

Guess you're not taking your Depakote?

• Sardis
    Sardis
    Vidqun

You post is what I discovered recently after deciding to test what I was taught. The GB teaches there are christians who are ressurected on earth and in heaven. I can find no evidence of an earthly christian resurrection, only heavenly. The scriptures you cited clearly show who the holy ones are, and what the rearward is.

• Sardis
    Sardis
    smiddy3

I like the bible to explain itself. I encourage all to read the cited scriptures along with their chapters. If necessary, the fore and aft chapters as well. The context must be included. Keep in mind, the scriptures I quoted were written over roughly a 600 year span of time, and are consistent with their messages.

Thanks for welcoming me!

• Sardis
    Sardis
    DesirousOfChange

No, just found this place. It looks like people discuss instead of hateful arguments.

The GB has done good work. They really push the preaching and make Jehovah's name known. But they also say Jesus came in 1914...Jesus said not to listen to people who said he had come before his time. The GB also teach the anointed are resurrected as soon as they die...we are warned that anyone who teaches the resurrection has happened is subverting the faith. There are 2 resurrections. The anointed (baptized christians) after Babylon is destroyed, then non christians end of the thousand years to judgment on their deeds. The latter join the survivors of Armageddon and Satan's last crusade. Right now, all humans who died are still dead, just as the scriptures taught until the last trumpet sounds.

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

This is what I understand about the resurrection:

1) First resurrection: This is to take place after the 7th or last trumpet blast (Rev. 15:2, 3; 20:4-6; cf. Phil. 3:10, 11 Roth). The public resurrection of the two prophets is part of the first resurrection (1 Cor. 15:51-53; 1 Thes. 4:15, 16; Rev. 11:11, 12, 14, 15, 18). 2) Second resurrection: According to current understanding, this is to take place during the Millennium (Dan. 12:13; John 5:28, 29; Acts 24:15; Rev. 20:11-14). Rev. 20:5a is out of place here and appears to be a later insertion. The verse is omitted by various MSS (NA28 Apparatus). Jesus referred to judgment and resurrection in the last day. This must refer to the Millennium, which forms part of the Lord’s Day (John 6:44; 12:48; 2 Cor. 15:23-28; Rev. 1:10; cf. 2 Pet. 3:8). [Cursive script added.]

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Sardis:

Keep in mind, the scriptures I quoted were written over roughly a 600 year span of time, and are consistent with their messages.

Entirely wrong. The verses you presented were written about 250 years apart. Daniel refers to the banning of Jewish worship in 168BCE and the subsequent re-dedication of the temple in 165BCE during the reign of Antiochus IV. Matthew, Luke and Revelation borrow some phrasing from Daniel as a metaphor but refer to the Roman occupation of Jerusalem in response to the Jewish revolt in 66CE and culminating in the destruction of Jerusalem in 70CE, to be followed by an imagined hypothetical destruction of Rome and its client kingdoms.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

The GB has done good work. They really push the preaching and make Jehovah's name known. ~ Sardis

Now that is total BULLSH!T!

JW's are the biggest failure in PR history.

Billions of (fake) hours counted and a shitload of money (all contributed by the R&F) in the effort of getting a message out to the public to save lives -- with what result? 1/10th of 1% of mankind has "gotten the message" about their survival.

1/10th of 1%

If hurricane warnings and tornado warnings and flood warnings achieved that same kind of results, (almost) everyone would die.

JC and Joe Hoover desperately need to find new PR representation!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit