Drink and Zoom, No Smell No Tell

by 2+2=5 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

I’ve been at work with some JWs over the last week.

I was conversing with one JW elder who mentioned having a couple of drinks after work, on the evening of a zoom meeting. He said he NEVER drinks before a meeting, but did this occasion. This JW is not a heavy drinker, he’s very moderate compared to most.

This got me thinking about the other JWs I use to associate with, who were actually drinkers, blokes that would drink 8+ beers, when it’s gone out comes the scotch or vodka.

I think they’ll be counting the sober bro’s on one hand at these meetings.

The temptation to get on the grog before zoom meetings will unbearable for many. It might start as one or two before the meeting, that could escalate.

This might never happen, it could be 100% sobriety but I doubt it. Plenty will realise they can now get away with it, no smell no tell

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Naughty him.

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

When I was a elder we were instructed from time to time not to drink before a meeting. Mostly from the CO during their visit. There was one retired CO couple in our congregation who was will know at 4 PM everyday it was time for a couple of cocktails. I think the wife always had more than a couple. When I was a kid a DO couple would stay at my parents home on Sunday evening after the circuit assembly he would have a large tall glass of vodka which was equal to 1/2 one qt bottle. Drinking among the higher ups was always a problem. Still Totally ADD

• frozen2018
    frozen2018

Most of the attendees at this meeting look pretty sloshed.

Ann Coulter (@AnnCoulter) | Twitter

• ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
    ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara

I have seen a video of a sister during zooming meeting getting up , grabbing a bottle of alcohol and pouring it into a tall glass, all caught on camera, while another couple notices this and his wife bursts out laughing. Look it up on reddit, it is there, maybe find it on fb too.

Zing

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Well done that sister! .... so what if she lightens a meeting by having a snifter in her own home. They could only have seen us drinking coffee. NB my Missus made sure that the camera on our tablet was covered up

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

At least they will not be drinking and driving. That is what is wrong with drinking before a physical boasting session--someone has to drive there, and if they are drink driving, they are putting other road users in danger. That is the only problem I have with people drinking before boasting sessions. With Zoom, you eliminate that issue--since you are at home, you can be as drunk as you want to be and no one will have to die because of your driving drunk. Of course, I advise that you will deal with whatever health consequences this may lead to.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Vodka with seltzer, club soda or tonic works very well if you want to use a clear water bottle.

Rub a Dub

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit