The FISA Memo, To Release Or Not To Release

by freemindfade 13 Replies latest social current

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

Will anything come of this? What do you think is in it?

Was the DOJ, NSA, and FBI weaponized?

The biggest scandal of this era, or a false alarm by the GOP?

I am skeptical what will come of it, however, some very strong reactions and words are coming from its existence and those who read it, also the fight to keep it secret is telling (reminds me of any cult trying to prevent people from reading damaging information).

• Hecce
    Hecce

Release it.

It might be just a GOP distraction, one interesting item is that Democrats are not saying about it and are the ones trying to keep it secret.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Im in favor of the truth. If that memo clarifies fisa abuse (as is speculated) or other important issues then hell yea the citizens whom the government serves absolutely deserve to know! Provided no sensitive sources (read under cover agents) are compromised then hell yes. Government accountablity baby!

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

Release it.

I believe it will implicate some high level people who are no longer in office and the FBI.

I probably won't be released as it most likely contains information that casts a poor light on President Trump even though it will exonerate he and his campaign from collusion with the Russians.

• MrRoboto
    MrRoboto

Every law requiring secrecy leads to abuse.

Its human nature, just as believing that someone else is watching every move tends to change peoples' behavior in a positive way.

The 3 letter agencies have been weaponized for many many years.

the real question is whether we should treat anythng that comes out of them to the public as truth or simply as subjective / possible propaganda with purpose.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    it most likely contains information that casts a poor light on President Trump even though it will exonerate he and his campaign from collusion with the Russians

Thats my (un)educated guess. It exonerates him on russia but somehow makes him look like a douche. Frankly i dont care if it indicts him on russia, the truth should be known either way.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

Just release it. It could be a nothing burger. It could be a huge scandal. Either way, it would be entertaining.

• JaniceA
    JaniceA

They should release it and get to the bottom of it. I didn't vote for the old or new administration. I'm sick of the gossip, innuendo and denials. On all sides. If Canada was warmer. . .They have their own intrigues, I'm sure. Im over all this crap every day.

• JaniceA
    JaniceA

Trump is used to looking like a douche. I thought this was to indict the spy agencies for being. . .you know, spies.

• Simon
    Simon

I think they have to release it to be transparent and avoid the appearance of a controlling coverup.

It seems telling that one side is for releasing it and the other is dead set against it.

Could it be a way bigger scandal than watergate? Not just spying on your opposition, using the machinery of government to try and influence the election to install your own party's successor.

The kind of thing people should go to jail for if true - way beyond some Russians paying for ads on facebook.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit