Word spreading back home

by BeautifulMind 19 Replies latest jw experiences

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I then finished the conversation asking him to respect our decision and I wasn't going to discuss it any further.

Well said and played, if people don't respect you, then don't replicate by respecting them back, that's my position on JW family members.

Some of that can come from real sincerity though, in that the WTS mentally imposes the suggestion that everything outside of "their" organization is evil controlled by Satan's evil forces etc. so is it really surprising how and why JWS think and act when they hear someone who was once involved leave ?

The provocation of fear is large part of the WTS indoctrination process that intentionally lures people into the organization as well intentionally keeps them there for the WTS own means, purpose and sustainability.

• Lostwun
    Lostwun

BM excellent response. Like someone already mentioned giving them no reason or information drives them crazy.

When I confronted the two elders I caught stalking out my place, one of them literally begged me for my reasons of why I no longer attend. He just had to know! When he saw he couldnt get an answer it fustrated the hell out of him.

They need you to say something so they can incriminate you and hang you with your own words.

You handled yourself well in not giving your nosey cousin any info. Of course they're gonna make up stuff anyway but you knew that already. Stick to your guns! We got your back as well!

Lost-wun

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I think you gave up too much info, not his business,

My first thought was that I hope you didn't give up too much info (TO US HERE) that would "blow" your fade if read by loyal Dubs that might know you (assuming that is what you're hoping to do).

Otherwise, great replies.

What a great example of manifesting self-control, Brother, that you just didn't say F&^K OFF.

Doc

The greatest revenge is living a happy & successful life!

• steve2
    steve2
    yy
  • freemindfade
    freemindfade

I had been through similar things.

Gossip spread so fast, across the whole country. I had a conversation with a few family members, and the whole rest of my large family quickly disappeared off all social media, and ceased speaking to me.

And when they dig and pry about who told you this and that. Or what you believe, or why you don't go to meetings anymore, just remember you are out of that shit now and its none of their business. You don't owe anyone any explanation. All I will say is its personal, I am happier and healthier than ever, the end. Don't play their games anymore.

• BeautifulMind
    BeautifulMind

Lostwun - thanks!

DOC - we don't care anymore who knows we don't go lol!! it is what it is.

freemindfade - exactly!

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

BeautifulMind:

It sounds like you are OUT with your immediate family and this is most important.

I assume you are not financially dependent on these relatives.

Enjoy your freedom from the JW religion and forget any non-essential people (whether they be relatives or friends) you never bother with anyway!

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

You don't owe them any explanations, so you are right to refuse to respond. How presumptuous to think they know why or how you chose to leave. The JWs seem to have no boundaries, they think they have the right to know everything about you, when it is really none of their business.

No matter what you say you are wasting your time, as it won't convince them of anything, and will just invitee more intrusive questions.

Perhaps you can block their emails.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Simply amazing! Witnesses have no idea about appropriate boundaries!

The longer one is out of the witness bubble, the more clear it becomes about their lack of boundaries.

As DOC said, "the greatest revenge is to live a happy and successful life"

Apply that bible verse that says "an answer when mild turns away rage" and adapt it to "a brief mild answer turns away the discussion"

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

Maybe the WT hierarchy says to keep pushing until the leaving person gives a reason of some sort, to fill in the blank on their records.

Marina

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit