Analysis of 2017 vs 2016 Yearbook reports for Europe

by Splash 38 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I think they announced the British memorial attendance at the meeting in a letter, but I was almost asleep with boredom and I've no idea what it is.

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

steve2: The absence of reporting country-by-country Memorial attendances for 2017 is also a first in these once slavishly detailed JW reports.

The WT has provided country-by-country Memorial attendances for 2017

See below:

UPDATED: 2017 Service Year Report Worldwide - Individual lands listed with NUMERICAL YEAR-ON-YEAR INCREASES (or DECREASES)

From JW.org: 2017 Service Year Report Worldwide: Table WITH INDIVIDUALLY LISTED LANDS/COUNTRIES (incl baptisms and memorial attendances)

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

It's good to observe these numbers while considering that the Org continuously massages these numbers by making it increasingly easier to report some time. Needless to say that if the standards were the same as they were 20 years ago, the drop would be more significant.

But now if you somehow are able to come with 15m per month of preaching, you are counted, along with standing motionless next to a cart or some of the other activities that are allowed to count as time. It's a numbers game, and the Org will continue to invent ways to keep these number looking somewhat decent.

• sir82
    sir82

I don't see how to get the 2017 by-country report on jw. org

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

sir82: I don't see how to get the 2017 by-country report on jw. org

Home Page > About Us > third item down

On right hand side, under download options, select PDF

Download it, open it and view it - it is a five page document.

• sir82
    sir82

Got it!

Thank you.

Didn't want to be accused of getting info from "apostate" sources

• alanv
    alanv

So I guess the question we should be asking JWs is why have the org not shown the average publishers country by country?

They have certainly given us more than many of us feared, but that average publisher figure by country is pretty important. Certainly a lot more accurate than the peak figures which have been published.

• sir82
    sir82

Peak publishers is certainly a more volatile number, as it can (and 99.9% of the time does) contain reports from publishers from previous months who have turned in their reports late. That "peak" number may consist of anywhere from 5-15%, or even higher, "late reports".

The only thing I can figure is that the "average no. of publishers" figures were demonstrably and obviously worse than they expected, and so they hid it by displaying only "peak" numbers.

• steve2
    steve2

Yes, JWs once prided themselves on highlighting the average number of publishers as a kind of back-handed sign of humility along the lines of, See! We could highlight the peak numbers but instead we look at the average.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit