So is there any truth to more Northeast Ohio congregations being merged or dissolved?

by My Name is of No Consequence 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• My Name is of No Consequence
    My Name is of No Consequence

I know of some congregations and even circuits that have already met this fate recently. Are there any more to come for certain?

• Londo111
    Londo111

It is not confined to Ohio...it is happening all over the US and UK.

Congregations are being re-orged and merged. Excess Kingdom Halls are being sold off. Logically it follows that circuits also are being adjusted.

This began in my area around 2012, so it isn't anything recent, but after the RBC got replaced by the LDC, this seemed to begin in earnest.

I knew that contraction has been going on everywhere. I just wasn’t sure if it was completed for now in Ohio.

• Londo111
    Londo111

I'm sure it will continue for a few years yet until they reach a new normal. They want to fill all Kingdom Halls to full capacity and sell the rest.

Eventually things will decline to the point where they will have to do it all over again...and in the far future, Kingdom Halls will be a very rare thing.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

And, which court case was it where the victim had such a hard time finding the JC/congregation records and not only that, difficulty in locating the elders who had sat in on the relevant JC that was being addressed in the court proceedings because the congregation no longer existed or had been merged? Something like that...

How convenient that "...it is happening all over the US and UK"

• Londo111
    Londo111

Wow...I never thought of that.

How can anyone (in their right mind anyway) say that the org is growing? When you hear of mergers, dissolutions and consolidations, that is a sign of decline. You really can’t BS your way out of it.

• sir82
    sir82

How can anyone (in their right mind anyway) say that the org is growing?

It is growing in 3rd-world countries, and in refugee / immigrant-filled congregations in the first world.

When you live in abject misery and soul-crushing poverty, the promise of "paradise real soon" is quite appealing.

There are, unfortunately, hundreds of millions if not billions of people in the world, in that circumstance.

Good point sir82; it is declining in the developed world.

• Londo111
    Londo111

In the US, it's only been Spanish congregations that kept the numbers afloat.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit