More Ant-Evolution BS in this months JW Broadcast Program

by ttdtt 26 Replies latest watchtower bible

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

So, the WT is at it again - saying stuff that has nothing to do with evolution. Knocking down a strawman I believe it's called.

The process which causes speciation, natural selection, is non-random. It has nothing to do with emptying letters onto a table and an encyclopaedia appearing.

Incidentally, this is nothing new - they tried the same trick in the blue evolution book.

Is it through sheer ignorance or do the WT writers know that they're misrepresenting evolution?

My money's on the former.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

Someone should contact the science department/committee at bethel HQ...

Oh wait..

• jacobm
    jacobm

@cofty

You said:

A few days ago you asked a question about macro-evolution.

A few of us took time to answer it. You have yet to acknowledge or say thank you. Maybe take a look at your own attitude before you lecture others.

I would have eventually gave a big thank you. But since you brought it to my attention, I did it earlier than usual.

• SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass
    freemindfade41 minutes ago
    Someone should contact the science department/committee at bethel HQ...
    Oh wait..

Had a good laugh at this. Good one bro!

• C0ntr013r
    C0ntr013r

This is apparently a new series on JW broadcasting which will essentially uses the argument from authority (fallacy) to show that well educated people can be JWs and reject evolution.

There was a second video after this one with a "scientist" who is making the same irreducible complexity argument. (at: 49 minutes)

He is talking about how amazing the numbers of neurons in a certain part of the brain is....

"so when you think of the complexity of all that, how is it possible that that is just by random chance? It has to be guided!"

Guided by natural selection maybe?...

He then tells us that the idea of one God really appealed to him... Since he came from a hindu background with millions of gods. The trinity also took a hit because he thinks it has more than one God... He has been drinking to much of the kool-aid.

• sparky1
    sparky1

http://ncl.ac.uk/medicalsciences/research/groups/profile/raj.kalaria#tab_profile

I have some questions for Professor Kalaria: How do you justify in your mind the Watchtower Society's stand on higher education and then at the same time make your living as an individual teaching in an institution of higher learning? Also, your research is on 'brain diseases' and helping to find treatments and cures for such. Is it not MORE important to spend your time preaching about God's kingdom where the 'Great Physician' Jesus Christ will heal all the resurrected ones of whatever malady they may have? Is not what you are doing tantamount to 'rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic'?

• ttdtt
    ttdtt
    Sparky1 - you should email him - his link is on that page!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit