What do The GB / JW`s now Say, when JC begins/began his 1,000 year reign.

by smiddy3 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Maybe I`m just getting old , Jesus Christ was King of the Jews 2,000 years ago ,he was supposed to have returned in 1879 ? and Armageddon was to have occured in 1914 ,which of course didn`t happen .

And then WT in their wisdom adjusted that belief to mean that was when he was enthroned as King to sit at Gods Right hand .right ? or am i wrong here.

Or was he just to sit at Gods right hand until God makes him a king after armageddon .?

In other words he is not a king right now.

Now is 1914 the start of the 1,000 reign or not I seem to be getting two lots of messages here .

Some seem to believe his 1,000 reign doesn`t start till after Armageddon .

And some seem to believe here that his kingship started in 1914 and he has done SFA for these past 106 years.

So which is it ?

SFA ...sweet f***k all for those who don`t know.

• waton
    waton

There is also the minor inconvenience of Colossians 1:13, Christians already in " the kingdom of the son's love"

wr now teaches that the kingdom of 1914 will pat all enemies under their feet at Armageddon, then for a 1000 years.

Armageddons arrival has to wait until all the immortal warriors are good and ready, dying /resurrected only at the outset of the great tribulation, the end of the 2 group overlapping anointed generation coexisting with the 1914 invisible entity.

Anointed can be 2 centenarians overlapping by 20 years each, like F. Franz .so:

2 x 100 = 200 - (2x20 ) 40 = 160 + 1914 = 2074 + 1 year of great Tribulation = 2075 the new wt target date for Armageddon and the Millennium. In the meantime,

All we need now is the axe - i-dental death of all the partakers Rev 20:3 for that date, that rule to begin.

• Hotpepper
    Hotpepper

Smddy didn't you ask the same question a few weeks ago? It all depends on the year of the WT. Older ones say the 1000 years stated 1878. Others say 1914 , others say tomorrow . ,Yesterday, really soon. But before the cows jump over the moon.

• JoenB75
    JoenB75
    Isaac Newton predicted AD 2060 and he was probably smarter than the governing bodies. But I think Jesus Christ has always been King. He never left. If there is a yet future millenium, he will make some special event/announcement after it has ended. Prophecy is understood after it has happened.
  • eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Sooooooooooooooooooooon!

just saying!

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

Yes, Jesus Christ started his rule in 1914 but hasnt :

Got rid of Satan. Instead hurled him down to Earth as if earth has less problems

Hasnt lifted the ban on JW preaching in many countries

Hasnt prevented the growth of Babylon the great (Non JW religions)

Not even a single tangible evidence that he is king or even that he Exists.

What a king for 105 years...

• waton
    waton
    Not even a single tangible evidence that he is king or even that he Exists.

E A you cant say that.

The kingdom corporation has made smart moves. Told everybody in Brooklyn the end is nigh, real estate will slump, and then bought all the plums that slumped. then had free labour refurbish them, selling them now for billions.

Then took over private held churches (khs,) refurbished, build with free labour now selling them.

The wt kingdom is playing catch up since 1914 1874

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I haven't read much JWS doctrine for along time but my remembrance is that Jesus starts to rule for a 1000 years right after Armageddon and Satan is thrown into the abyss.

???

The JWS still hold to the Jesus has taken to his heavenly throne in 1914 , which this actual date setting is an act of apostasy according to the bible and is apposed to Jesus's instructions for preaching his Gospel.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit