Archaeologists discover ancient 4,400-year-old tomb decorated with hieroglyphs in Egypt

by naja 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• naja
  • careful
    careful

Thanks for the link!

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Isn’t it obvious that the carbon dating is wrong?

• naja
    naja

It is getting better with the carbon dating:

Two stalagmites found in Chinese cave offer a way to improve accuracy of carbon-14 dating

https://phys.org/news/2018-12-stalagmites-chinese-cave-accuracy-carbon-.html

• debbie mccolloch
    debbie mccolloch

well according to some, carbon dating, dinosaurs, evolution, the ice age as a hole , is all a fabricated hokes . hmm is it possible the great flood was handed down stories when the ice aged happened we as humans were not evolved enough to understand what happened to the planet. I heard there was a very old tale with the native Americans, they know of this great flood. to this day tribes around the globe know of the flood from ancient ancestors' before Noah

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Carbon Dating is known to have a built in error, and is adjusted to take account of that, it is really difficult to be very accurate over about 50,000 years. As the link to the work in China shows, the method is becoming more accurate. But, there are a number of other Dating methods that are accurate enough over millions of years.

Dating artifacts as young as 4-5,000 years is no problem at all.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Yes just another factual reason that Noah's flood was a fictional story told in mythology expressed by the ancient Hebrews to create power and relevance to the god the Hebrews worshiped. (YHWH)

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

My pejorative comment about carbon dating was a JOKE!

It's what JW's always said about the age of dinosaurs or anything else beyond 6,000 years of age.

• unsure
    unsure

I know @Perry on these forums believes in the Biblical flood. Curious what they think of this.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Am I missing something here ?

Archaeologists discover ancient 4,400-year-old tomb decorated with hieroglyphs in Egypt

?????

Two stalagmites found in Chinese cave offer a way to improve accuracy of carbon-14 dating

Something went askew here ,LOL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit