An incredible video worth watching

by UnshackleTheChains 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• UnshackleTheChains
    UnshackleTheChains

For those of you who are dissillusioned Jehovahs Witnesses, but still have a love for God, his son and the bible, I urge you to watch the following video. The lecture given by Sean Finnegan will help you see things more clearly as a Christian.

Personally, this has to be one of the best presentations ever given and now know my Christian identity. The answer is given in the video. I urge all current and ex Jehovahs Witnesses to watch this video. It is inspiring.

https://youtu.be/HgsdXLn3Iok

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

Thanks will do

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Half way through. Impressive! Thanks

• doubtfull1799
    doubtfull1799

Thanks for the post, but sorry I need to offer an alternative view - I only got 2 mins in and already disagree with 3 of his initial broad premises:

1. Our time can be compared to the first 3 centuries of Christianity.

2. Back then they only used persuasion, not coercion.

3. People today are more than ever looking for authenticity.

I find his summation of religious history to make his point very shallow and superficial, not really any better than what the Society does. I'll keep listening to see if he reaches a good conclusion but its not a good start!

• doubtfull1799
    doubtfull1799

Restorationist values? All he seems to be doing is exactly what Russell tried to do in the 1800's. We all know how that turned out. I don't see his ideas turning out any better.

• UnshackleTheChains
    UnshackleTheChains

The hypothetical example of a woman who was part of several faiths was a great point. There is so much disagreement and division within Christianity. Restorationist values allows us to speak our mind....to agree to disagree and to change thinking from within whatever church you are belong to ie to share your thoughts and expressions in a respectful manner.

. Sadly people get booted out for doing this in many groups such as the Jehovahs Witnesses ..which is wrong.

Food for thought though.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

JWs in the context of restorationism:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Restorationism

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

All these religious founders try to restore what never was. Its only their flavor of fantasy and self promotion.

• Giordano
    Giordano

I always appreciate someone who brings new or even old information to this forum. It means they care and are willing to share.

Fortunately I made my peace some fifty years ago with these know it all quirky Christian Religions......all religions for that matter.

God and Jesus have remained silent these past 2000 plus years. Out of respect I do not trouble them when I am in need but seek my own solutions.

There is little to no value in any religion or form of belief in god's that are silent and unknowable. The only religions worth a tip of my hat are those that clothe, feed and care for the poor, and the sick.

Those like the JW's who want to turn back the clock to first century Christianity are worthless. Third and forth century Christians were far removed from the basic belief structure of the first century and hot on the trail of promoting the Trinity which has no reference point in the gospels and afterward.

It is fairly well recognized by Bible scholars that the Catholic Church managed to get away with enough changes to turn the scriptures upside down and render them worthless. So worthless that people lived their entire lives with no bible.

If one wants to spend their time praying and in pursuit of faith..something, anything that can replace their grasp on reality .......have at it.

• UnshackleTheChains
    UnshackleTheChains

Hey slimboyfat

Thanks for the link. Very informative 👍

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit