Return From ISIS

by frozen2018 10 Replies latest jw friends

• frozen2018
    frozen2018

I'm watching PBS's Frontline. The story, "Return From ISIS," is about an American woman who went to Syria with her husband who was a ISIS soldier. Now she wants to return to the States. It's an interesting documentary, but what really caught my attention is the part where her father is being interviewed and he says that the woman was raised a Jehovah's Witness. He said that as a child she was always getting in trouble. It was an unexpected plot twist. If you care to watch the show:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uvipYMuHeQ

• resolute Bandicoot
    resolute Bandicoot

She was very mixed up no doubt. Only let her back in when she provides evidence of quiting islam.

RB

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

WT's false doctrines can be traced back to Theo Sufism. A woman called Blavatsky was leader of this movement for a time. Is it just a coincidence that she wrote a book called Isis Unveiled? I don't know.

Here is some info about the book

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isis_Unveiled

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Don't let her back in.

Period.

She made her bed - she should f**king lie in it.

• Steel
    Steel

Part of me says " Fuck her ".

The cult survivor part of me says " Lets try and give her another chance ".

Its weird that ex-Witnesses aren't more liberal in their views. This message board looks like the message board for fox news.

• pistolpete
    pistolpete

Let her come back when she turns 90.

• under the radar
    under the radar

No American citizen who left the country to support ISIS in any capacity whatsoever, even just as a spouse of an ISIS member, should EVER be allowed to return. Furthermore, they should be considered to have forfeited their American citizenship the moment they left. No exceptions for age or gender. There is no way we could ever trust them.

• St George of England
    St George of England

We have the same problem here in the UK with Shamima Begum. She is of Bangladesh parents and went to Syria where she married a Dutch fighter, had 3 children which all died but now wants to return to England.

These traitors should never be allowed to return. If she returns here we will be expected to keep here along with all her kith & kin.

George

• under the radar
    under the radar

I just finished watching the video. It appears that she and her sister, too, rebelled against being JWs as soon as they were old enough and just started doing their own thing. If I understood correctly, Samantha (aka Sam) has a sister who married a brother of the man Sam married, but this man didn't become radicalized like Sam's husband did. Anyway, even though Sam finally pled guilty to a terrorism-related charge, her subsequent statements reveal she's still trying to justify herself and minimize her own responsibility for what happened. The children, of course, are the true victims in this sorry tale. Fortunately, they are being taken care of and will have a fighting chance at a normal life.

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

1. I feel the woman was tricked, as her husband initially said they were going to Morraco. Maybe he told her it was via Syria, and once there, she was trapped?

2. Being raised a JW already made her monumentally naive, as well as predisposed to being submissive and subservient. No wonder she fell under a Muslim man.

3. Apparently the man wasn't radicalized when she met him.

4. She's disturbed and traumatized.

5. The (1) son who we see being interviewed, has def seen some "shit." You can tell just by how mature he comes off. He is the LUCKY one, as he's living with his real father now. (non-JW)

6. The other children are NOT so lucky as the oldest son. THEY are now living and being raised by their JW grandparents! So from one cult, to another! No doubt the JW parents are doubling-down on their rigidity and cult bullshit rules with grandkids. We'll see how THAT shit works out for them in a few years once the kids discover Google.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit