For all in the USA - Happy 4th of July!

by ttdtt 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

It's nice to say that:)

I am looking forward to a 4th Party with "worldly people" and Fireworks!

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

I like the British. I guess the revolution is old news anyway. Fireworks are outlawed in my area of California, even the "Safe and Sane" ones. Fire danger is too high here for such frivolity. I will be watching a movie and drinking some sort of cold drink of the nonalcoholic kind. Health won't allow anything else.

• notalone
    notalone

This year we are going to go out and enjoy our neighbors over the top displays.( quieter and cheaper with no crowds)

• waton
    waton

Canada's July 4th will be July 1st. happy to all.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

It is nice to say that. Happy 4th ttdtt! My wife bought a pack of sparklers. When she was a kid she saw other kids with them and wanted one so bad. Of course, her JW parents wouldn't allow it. Now she can sparkle all she wants. I think we may go to a local baseball game with a big fireworks show after. Then back to the house for sparklers.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

Happy 4th of July!! I did have to deal with a sense of shame for feeling patriotic after TTATT. Not anymore.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

It will be my Granddaughters 1st Birthday and my 60th on the 4th of July.

Growing up as a JW, the 4th of July was a doubly empty day for me because there were 2 things I couldn't celebrate, happening on the same day. This year, although my Son and his wife still have one foot toe in the JW door, we are going to mark the occasion by doing something special together. A train trip into the city to have dinner, ride the waterfront wheel and watch the fireworks display over the water.

• watson
    watson

Enjoying what freedoms we have until the prez "efs" it up.

• LV101
    LV101

Thank you - ditto ttdtt! We have beautiful fire work shows going on all around the valley here in LV. Unfortunately, it's not good for many dogs and I'm hearing tranquilizers for them are pricey. Some Veterans have a difficult time with the loud noises, also.

• freddo
    freddo

The Colonies have declared Independence!!!??? How dare they?

I shall write to "The Times" in the strongest possible terms!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit