George Cook former DO, now just an elder at Prince's home congregation KH

by oppostate 21 Replies latest social current

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing
    I'm sure "Brother Nelson" took care of his lack of retirement fund situation. It's a wonder not all of the old JWs casted into retirement didn't flock there.
  • sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Captain Cook looks pretty happy with his new assignment, I bet there were plenty of ex-DOs hoping to land that gig.

Lol. JWs are such pathetic leeches.

• Listener
    Listener
    He looks like he is holding so many papers, possibly BOE letters. It is surprising that with nine Elders in prince's congregation that they didn't oust him. No doubt HQ had a lot of input.
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Perhaps after it was realized just how much ol' Princey was donating to the Borg, they thought they better nurse and milk this bad boy.

Kind of always wondered how he got away with behavior that most JWS would never be allowed .

I guess it was a case of look the other way, except when the money was being handed out .

• Esse quam videri
    Esse quam videri
    If Prince left George Cook a sizable sum in his will, that would probably be exactly the kind of smile George would have.
  • sparrowdown
    sparrowdown
    Does this Cook guy always look that happy when one of his flock dies tragically?
  • Esse quam videri
    Esse quam videri

Princes mansion was worth millions. His estate in the many hundreds of millions.

Watchtower Nov 2008, '... Let’s face it—as imperfect humans, we are prone to wrong desires that can lead us down the wrong path. (Genesis 8:21) Hence, millions continue to pursue the vanities that the Bible describes as “the desire of the flesh and the desire of the eyes and the showy display of one’s means of life.” (1 John 2:16) That is not the way of real success but is a counterfeit that leads to disillusionment and unhappiness...'

Apparently Prince never 'faced it'.

• Ignoranceisbliss
    Ignoranceisbliss
    I worked D2D with cook once about 20 years ago. If he was a prick I was too young and green to notice it. He definitely spoke with authority in the ministry.
  • Lied2NoMore
    Lied2NoMore
    I used to go to that KH when I was in late teens. It's the "go to" KH when large crowds are expected at a funeral because the center wall that separates the two congregations can be opened up.
  • Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

It's ironic that he said Princes drug dependency was a personal matter and that he was in good standing in the congregation, because George Cook reprimanded a group of Mothers in our Congregation (including my own) for putting on a 50's party for the teenagers. He said we shouldn't be emulating the world and it's dress with our costumes, rather we should emulate the Pioneers and Missionaries of that time period.

My Mother told him he was being ridiculous and turned on her heel and walked off.

Another time he told the Sisters that in Chicago where he was from, only hookers wore knee length boots and they shouldn't be wearing them so as not to stumble anyone in their ministry . My Mother quickly pointed out to him that his wife's long red fingernails were like those on the societies depiction of the harlot riding the wild beast and were quite distracting to the householders while turning the pages of the Bible and showing them scriptures about Oh...I don't know....modesty, well arranged dress and the external braiding of the hair, for instance.

The Brothers knew better than to pull any of their B.S on my Mother because she knew her bible better and was more articulate and had a sharper wit than any of them and George Cook was no different. Funny how these years later, he views a 57 year old man who wears androgynous clothes and make-up, to be perfectly acceptable by the societies standards.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit