How and Why?

by The Rebel 6 Replies latest jw friends

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

A recent thread I read about bethel " sending an old man packing" has bought to my attention it's one of many threads that show the most " loving" organisation in the world is cold and without love.

How can an organisation that is so unloving, have so many kind hearted people as members?

This is the sincere question that I have not found an answer to.

The Rebel.

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe
    Because kind-hearted, honest people imagine others to be similarly kind-hearted and honest. So when an organization claims to be the most loving in the world and the "truth" they can't fathom that people could be so corrupt and dishonest and unloving as the cult truly is. So they remain trapped. And still more kind-hearted honest people see the ones that are trapped and think "surely these kind-hearted honest people wouldn't allow themselves to be associated with a unloving lying cult" and they become trapped too.
  • The Rebel
    The Rebel

Thanks for the reply "OneEyedJoe" ...however it should be noted these " kind hearted, honest people" are now displaying hatred to people's sexual persuasion, and not kindness to their own children's individuality. Also these kind hearted honest people look forward to the day " Jehover" destroys 99% of the population he created.

I love kind hearted and honest people :-)

The Rebel.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

To send an ''old man packing'' we ask?? From an Organization which claims to be so loving??

This is a prime example of the sheer hypocrisy of the Borg. To send someone ''elderly'' who packing from an Organization which claims it is the most ''loving''. Hypocrisy!!!

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

I have now pondered my O.P for two days, and my answer to my question " How such an unloving organisation can have so many kind hearted is:-

A) I must accept we all have our bind spots when rationality can take a back seat to emotions, and this is particularly true if :-

1) if a person is indoctrinated at a young age.

2) Also social pressure to remain faithful can cloud a persons judgement.

3) There is also the high cost of rejecting our faith.

Sadly my kind heartedness is not so benevolent to those that remain in the " truth" for ego and for positions of respect when they know the damage the organistion has and is doing to its members.

The Rebel.

• mrsObfuscate
    mrsObfuscate

Rebel

I recently read a fantastic essay written by a woman who became involved in a "new age" cult. This is the link to the full essay - http://www.icsahome.com/articles/perfect-master-or-perfect-psychopath

She ponders a similar question to yours and I am sure that the rest of the essay will give further insights into why she said this-

I think about those whom I have left behind. Other ex –members say that some of the nicest people they have ever met are those they left behind in the cult. I wholeheartedly agree. Like attracts like. I was idealistic, altruistic, and ready to help. Those I left behind are that same way and that is why I miss them and their friendships. The sense of helplessness is overwhelming sometimes, especially when I think that many of those people are involved in the group because I brought them to it.

It made me wonder whether (as a general rule), the types of people attracted into the organization are already kind and lovely people who wish to use their positive qualities in some way to benefit others. Once they are in, they get caught up in the cult mindset and simply cannot or will not see the realities of the organization they belong to. They cling to the ideals that their beliefs hold out to them and this further adds to the difficulty of their seeing reality.

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

mrsObfuscate, thank you for the post and the link which I look-forward reading tonight when time permits.

The Rebel.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit