2020 Meeting Content/Schedule - Anyone know what is coming?

by JWTom 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• JWTom
    JWTom

Hello All - No 2020 midweek meeting content has been published yet. Anyone know or hear of what will be changed for 2020 due to the pandemic? Even my PIMI family (i am PIMO) is scratching their heads wondering why we are still reviewing content from 2017-2019 that talk about all the future plans, field service, etc etc etc....that have all been derailed due to Covid-19.

I am hoping for a one a week meeting for everything to simplify the arrangement!

• Funky
    Funky

They do seem to be behind in publishing the January 2021 workbook.

It is increasingly bizarre how, aside from random miscellaneous "governing body update" videos, there is no acknowledgement that JW life has been turned completely upside down. All the videos, sample presentations, WT articles, workbook content, everything, shows images of "normal life" - meetings at a Kingdom Hall, door to door presentations, etc.

No JW has done any of that for the past 7 months, and by the looks of things, won't be doing that again for several years, maybe many years.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Waiting for the election. Then we will know if the world is screwed or if the world is screwed.

Maybe a big announcement was made at the annual meeting.

To much to hope for zoom to continue forever. No tie, ice cream, nap; just wake up enough to giggle at the announcements

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

Jehovahs hot rod chariot ain't what it used to be!

• Magnum
    Magnum

Interesting.

• pistolpete
    pistolpete

and by the looks of things, won't be doing that again for several years, maybe many years.

Yea!!!!!🍾🍾🍾

• Overrated
    Overrated

Jehovah's chariot has four flat tires and a blown engine/transmission and is off on side of the freeway with no tow truck coming. It has been like that for a great while now.

• LoyalLeon
    LoyalLeon

got the January/February 2021 workbook already delivered in print three weeks ago..

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

Well if you are scratching around for info... I have heard that new ministry arrangements will involve 2 publishers at the door (normal - except for when the family of 5 all want to work together). One stands back and observes the householder's body language to assess whether or not the person is interested.

So if in days to come you hear that pitter patter of feet at your door, now is your time to put all that excellent training you received at the Theocratic Ministry School to work. You can make good use of gestures and they will try to interpret your gestures.

• Funky
    Funky
    got the January/February 2021 workbook already delivered in print three weeks ago..

I have no reason to doubt you, but....

If it's been printed and shipped so long ago, what prevents them from posting it? It's not on their website nor their library app.

Very curious....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit