They want to have a "shepherding call" with me, but here's the twist...

by Captain Schmideo2 8 Replies latest jw friends

• Captain Schmideo2
    Captain Schmideo2

I got it before 8 in the morning on a work day, as a text message. Nothing beats a warm invitation for spiritual encouragement than a quick electronic message.

Sheesh....

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

They want to have a "shepherding call" with me, but here's the twist..

I got it before 8 in the morning on a work day, as a text message.

Set your alarm.....Text them back at 3:30am.....Go back to sleep..

No Thanks..

Image result for texting in bed

• problemaddict 2
    problemaddict 2

Text the at the same time the following day that you are good. But thanks for the offer.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

You might chose to ignore the text, but then you will get a call.
    "No thanks, I'm good." That is sufficient.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Tell them you can only do the shepherding call between 9am-5pm Monday thru Friday. If they can't count the time (late evenings, Saturday or Sunday) they will not typically come (unless they are retired). Also, mention to them that you are having financial problems and may need to borrow money. Guaranteed...you will never hear back! lol

• Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds
    Earlier this year, I had an elder text me at 10:30pm and he late called and left a voicemail at around midnight.
  • Khaleesi
    Khaleesi

These people have no boundaries uughh... change your phone number if you could that is what I did after I told them I was no longer going to report time... maybe they are reaching out cuz CO visit might be close.... But heck have fun with them tell them you need financial help & with house work

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

"So glad you called brothers! It must be an answer to my prayer! I asked Jehovah to make clear to me who are NOT his chosen representatives on earth, and within 3 minutes your text came in! I'm so happy to see that God has answered my prayer and shown me the truth"

• James Jack
    James Jack

They asked me a couple of weeks ago for a visit with the CO; "I said not at this time".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit