Assembly day Cleveland Ohio (Willoughby ass. Hall) results

by nowwhat? 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

1300 attendance 11 teenagers baptised (.85 growth) $12,000 expenses. Biggest facepalm moment- teenage pioneer says she pioneers because "the overlapping generation is getting up there in years ,so time is short" as the saying goes "those that don't know history are doomed to repeat it". Very mind numbing day nothing you haven't heard a hundred times before.

• waton
    waton

Very odd for a person that has not seen 1975 to be concerned about the overlapping generation.

A typical overlapping generation member as exemplified by Frederick Franz & successor is not "--getting up there in years.--", and would be only ~ 46 years old today. That teenage pioneer is well placed to see the 2075 centennial happening, when the date for Franz's newer candidate comes to pack in.

• dropoffyourkeylee
  • stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

$12,000 expenses.

such as--what ?

• JakeM2012
    JakeM2012

Yes, the end is so much closer. All the more reason for you to immediately contribute all you can. With 30% + drop out rate, you need to pioneer to get more contributors.

• steve2
    steve2

Biggest facepalm moment- teenage pioneer says she pioneers because "the overlapping generation is getting up there in years ,so time is short" as the saying goes "those that don't know history are doomed to repeat it".

To be fair to this child, it's a universal truth that teenagers know absolutely everything. It's only when you get into your thirties that you realize you know sweet F all and when you hit sixty, your past knowledge comes home to haunt you.

I long for my teen years when I knew exactly how the world could be put right. Damn old age for letting in wisdom and humility.

• Bobcat
    Bobcat
    1300 attendance . . . $12,000 expenses.

That sounds about right. i don't think attendance is used to figure the head count price. Rather, the number of publishers in the circuit. At maybe $ 10.00 dollars a head. Maybe 1000-1200 publishers in the circuit. Plus some incidental expenses such as paying for the visiting Bethelite. It sounds about right.

This is the new math I've always heard about.

• Magnum
    Magnum

"This is the new math I've always heard about."

I always heard about that, too. I guess this is an example.

• My Name is of No Consequence
    My Name is of No Consequence

To keep up appearances, I wanted to go to the Willoughby assembly with my wife, but she basically told me to stay home.

How 'bout that?!

• tresdecu
    tresdecu

WOW nowwhat....

""the overlapping generation is getting up there in years ,so time is short" as the saying goes "those that don't know history are doomed to repeat it"

The teenage pioneer that said that will be here signing up for this forum in about 10 years.

Crazy what we all used to believe.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit