48% Capacity at Kingdom Halls - A post on reddit

by berrygerry 41 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• freddo
    freddo

Also in my corner of the UK.

Actually at the KH our cong of nominally 70 (which has dropped 5 since this "service year" started on Sept 1 2016 - from 2 deaths/1 df/ 2 moving) as in bums on seats we get in the 40's and 50's. This last couple of weeks my spy tells me it was down to 33 and 39 respectively.

• steve2
    steve2

On the uplifting side, there is marvellous growth in the number of empty chairs in the Kingdom Halls near and far.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Why go to meetings when you can catch up on JWdotborg propoganda in the comfort and privacy of your own home - Go figure huh? Can you donate from home as well?

Oh well the borg will just have to keep selling off KHs I spose.

• Hecce
    Hecce

This is why they stopped announcing and posting the attendance. They still have records for the CO, included in the attendance are the people listening at home; sometimes quite a few.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Totally agree with the thought that the younger ones are looking at older ones and in my area (washington dc) MANY many older ones are being vocal to the younger generations about not selling themselves short educationally and in terms of job prospects.

• millie210
    millie210
    _Morpheus
    MANY many older ones are being vocal to the younger generations about not selling themselves short educationally and in terms of job prospects

Thus the necessity for the "Remember the Wife of Lot" at this years D.C.

• JakeM2012
    JakeM2012

Steve, "uplifting side"? I gather this is old JWspeach, but it sounds like you are talking about bra's. LMAO Good point!!

• Chook
    Chook

JWs could spin this all the way down to 10% by saying narrow is the road to life few will find. There is a definite trajectory of down hill, just maybe there is a blessing taking place.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

When one is struggling with doubts or they just aren't motivated to attend the meetings, being part of a congregation with sparse attendance is often the straw that breaks the camels back, for them.

Besides the monetary gain from selling off Halls and merging congregations, I'm sure the GB realizes there is an "encouragement" factor that comes into play when one is sitting in a crowded Kingdom Hall as opposed to one with lots empty seats and little old ladies.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

IOWNMYLIFE:

Your post is a realistic assessment of what people have to do to keep up a household.

Even if people have few possessions and simplify their lives, they still need the car, car insurance, gas and commutation cost, utilities, food, clothing, rent or mortgage payment, health insurance premiums and copays - and we aren't really talking about luxuries. These are pretty much necessities.

The Jehovah's Witness religion is not in reality about anything they say or are urging people to do. This attitude of not working and lackadaisical going out in the ministry seems to have stemmed from depression era mentality (middle America) where they rode bikes and may have done odd chores here and there and bartered for food. But, the fact is the religion built a whole culture and mentality around this!

This was a brief era in time and is OVER. The country and the world is not like this!!...I'll also say it again: the mentality of Witnesses imagining somebody is going to support them (or owes them something) while they leisurely knock on doors is delusional and they better snap out of it.

In a Protestant religion there is one minister for the congregation and the parish supposedly supports them. Jehovah's Witnesses think they are ALL ministers and the more delusional among them imagine they are going to be supported too. Well, keep on dreaming!

They also made a monumental error in criticizing people who work and then imagine those same people are going to give them money!? A derelict on the street is also looking for money, but at least he's not criticizing people for having a job!

The JW religion's not being in touch with reality is what is driving people out.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit