Try this on a JW

by Saltheart Foamfollower 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Saltheart Foamfollower
    Saltheart Foamfollower

This is not intended to expose wrong teachings etc, just to promote thinking and asking questions.

1) Ask if imperfection and death automatically follow sin. JW will answer yes.

2) Ask if Satan is imperfect then.

3) Sit back and watch them try to work out what the right answer should be.

SF

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

I hadn't looked at it that way before but I'm guessing a JW would say that Satan was/is a free moral agent and of his own free will, chose to sin. Because of his sin, he is no longer perfect and will eventually die. God has allowed him to live this long so that he can use the suffering and death of countless millions of humans,to prove his point to Satan. Once his point has been made, Satan's sin will be followed by death.

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

Here was a question I had come up with concerning 1914 and Acts 17:30-31. Everytime I brought it up it stumped the person.

• days of future passed
    days of future passed
    Because of his sin, he is no longer perfect and will eventually die. God has allowed him to live this long so that he can use the suffering and death of countless millions of humans,to prove his point to Satan. Once his point has been made, Satan's sin will be followed by death.

Yeah, and since he was a superhuman angel, he just gets to live longer than a human before he would die a "natural" death.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

However dofp Satan is never destined to die a natural death after another thousand years of JC rule he is to be let out and mislead as many as he can before Jehovah God throws him into the lake of fire where he will be tormented day and night for ever and ever .Rev.20:7-10

So according to that scripture Satan doesn`t die at all. Ever

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I`m sorry Bobcat but I fail to see what Acts 17:30-31 has to do with the date 1914 ? and what the point is ?

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Ask if imperfection and death automatically follow sin. JW will answer yes.

Hopefully ?
    Ask if Satan is imperfect then.

{ They will try to argue he was a perfect son of God who has gone astray} trying to deflect the question At this point they will likely say he is only asking a question and not actually disobeying any of Gods laws/rules at this point.

However when Adam and Eve follow Satans direction he then makes himself an adversary to the most high God.

Where Satan becomes imperfect and should be subjected to the death penalty in line with the death penalty Jehovah imposed on humans if God was fair and just.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010
    This is not intended to expose wrong teachings etc, just to promote thinking and asking questions.

And do you think that a brainwashed JW will be able to see that difference? I am not intending to demean what you posted, but promoting your own thinking about dealing with them.

• Saltheart Foamfollower
    Saltheart Foamfollower

When I have tried to question beliefs even subtly, JWs always go very defensive and I don't feel as if I've achieved anything. It usually needs to start with them questioning something or at least wondering about alternatives. My post was about using a line of questioning that they haven't already been given an opinion on. Hopefully it could start off an internal process which would lead to them genuinely questioning doctrine. Or not in most cases, but if it helps some, it's worth trying (and is low risk)

SF

• Ireneus
    Ireneus

Brilliant

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit