"Divine name publishers"

by zeb 10 Replies latest jw friends

• zeb
    zeb

We have just received a King James bible from the "Divine Name Publishers". Basically a very fine print KJV but with lots of Jehovah all therough the OT and nought in the new. The explanation for this is vague and doesn't say definitely.

The format and rhetoric reeks of the wt but this not mentioned. There is no address of the publishers.

Anyone know who they are please?

• punkofnice
  • zeb
    zeb

PON. Thanks I have come across this useful too. I get the strong feeling it has been out out by jw but not the wts which means anyone reading it or using it at a kh will be 'looked at'.. If this happens it may loosen the shackles on my wife perhaps just a little.

• zeb
    zeb

no other comments?

• freddo
    freddo

Hi Zeb, I suppose knowing how you received it might help us ascertain its source?

• stillin
    stillin

Punk, if that link doesn't answer the question in the OP, nothing will. Some interesting reading on a subject that has been hashed and rehashed so many times I thought I would vomit. Thanks for sharing.

• zeb
    zeb

Stillin. sorry about the vomiting.

The bible in question has only just landed here ; never had to deal with it before. I guess the experience of it must predate me here.

regards,

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

Years ago I wrote to the publishers to ask them. They denied being witnesses, or former. I will have to find my email string about that. it's been quite a while.

My Husband bought the book many years ago.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

The Divine Name Publishers of the KJV version claim to be a private group.

The Divine Name Publishers is a private organization and is not affiliated with or sponsored by any religious organization. The Divine Name Publishers is funded purely by the charitable contributions of its patrons and from proceeds resulting from the distribution of the electronic and printed versions of the Divine Name King James Bible. The Divine Name King James Bible was not produced by the direction, assistance or approval of any religious organization or religious community. The Preface, commentaries and articles you may read on our website express the exclusive opinion of the Divine Name Publishers and is not the production of any religious organization or church.
    The best answer is yes! It is not however THE King James Bible. It is a real King James Bible in the sense that we leave all the text as it is in the Authorized King James Bible other than the Divine Name. There are a couple exceptions where the word LORD was restored to the New Testament text based on our findings among authentic Greek manuscripts of the New Testament and we did this where these verses are quoting or referring to the Old Testament and Jehovah's personal name. We assert that this is the most authentic of any type of King James since the form of the Divine Name that is used in the DNKJB is the one chosen by the real KJB translators.

Check out:

http://www.dnkjb.net/faq_dnkjb_online.htm

Read The Divine Name King James Bible Online

My take is that the publishers are JWs. I base this on the fact that they "restore" the name Jehovah in the New Testament as well. Looking at Romans 10 we see

8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach; 9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. 10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. 11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed. 12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him. 13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the LORD,( Jehovah Jol 2:31,32 2Ti 2:19 ) shall be saved. 14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher? 15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things! 16 But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, LORD,( Jehovah Isa 53:1 ) who hath believed our report? 17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. 18 But I say, Have they not heard? Yes verily, their sound went into all the earth, and their words unto the ends of the world. 19 But I say, Did not Israel know? First Moses saith, I will provoke you to jealousy by them that are no people, and by a foolish nation I will anger you. 20 But Esaias is very bold, and saith, I was found of them that sought me not; I was made manifest unto them that asked not after me.
  • stillin
    stillin

Zeb, it's cool. I was vomiting figuratively. It isn't revisiting the subject HERE so much as by the Witnesses and their publications. The translation and the version that you have brought up have some mystique and it's very curious.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit