It's VERY DIFFICULT for some JWs to accept the Truth-------But for other not so much------WHY?

by pistolpete 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

But regarding the idea that God cannot lie, the Bible in 1 Kings 22:19-23 says the Lord (Jehovah) sent a lying/deceiving spirit! I recommend that people read it in various translations, including the KJV, NASB, and NWT. This passage when combined with the NT verses about God being incapable of lying, is one of the many examples of a possible contradiction in the Bible, and is thus part of the very strong evidence against the Bible being God's (any always truthful all-knowing god's) word. In the KJV the passage says the following.

' 19 And he said, Hear thou therefore the word of the Lord: I saw the Lord sitting on his throne, and all the host of heaven standing by him on his right hand and on his left.

20 And the Lord said, Who shall persuade Ahab, that he may go up and fall at Ramothgilead? And one said on this manner, and another said on that manner.

21 And there came forth a spirit, and stood before the Lord, and said, I will persuade him.

22 And the Lord said unto him, Wherewith? And he said, I will go forth, and I will be a lying spirit in the mouth of all his prophets. And he said, Thou shalt persuade him, and prevail also: go forth, and do so.

23 Now therefore, behold, the Lord hath put a lying spirit in the mouth of all these thy prophets, and the Lord hath spoken evil concerning thee.'

The ASV Bible in verse 20 instead of saying "persuade" says "entice" and the footnote says "Or, deceive".

Hypothetically speaking, if the WT and its Governing Body are receiving communications from demon lying spirits and if Jehovah exists, then based upon 1 Kings 22:19-23 those demon lying spirits might have sent by Jehovah to deliver those messages. Furthermore, the Revelation says God will use demonic spirits to lead the 10 kings of the Earth into the Battle of Armageddon.

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

Correction: In my prior post where I said "might have sent" I meant to say "might have been sent". Also, where I said "Furthermore, the Revelation says God will use demonic spirits to lead the 10 kings of the Earth into the Battle of Armageddon" see Revelation 16:13-16 which says the demonic spirits (or unclean spirits) come out of the mouth of the dragon, the beast, and the false prophet. But also see also Revelation 17:12-17, and note that 17:16-17 (ASV) says "16 And the ten horns which thou sawest, and the beast, these shall hate the harlot, and shall make her desolate and naked, and shall eat her flesh, and shall burn her utterly with fire. 17 For God did put in their hearts to do his mind, and to come to one mind, and to give their kingdom unto the beast, until the words of God should be accomplished." Thus, these verses in Revelation are an example in the Bible of the Bible saying God will use unclean spirits to influence humans, as a means to carry out God's will. Regarding the idea of God putting an idea (or emotion) into the hearts (and/or minds) of human kings in order to manipulate and control them, recall to mind what the biblical book of Exodus says of Jehovah God having hardened the heart of Pharaoh. There is also a verse which says Jehovah God influenced (by means of a spirit?) the emotions of king Saul.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

If you can really get to it with such black+white dubs who defend everything ,it ought to be easy to show where they cannot be right. Even so, they do not accept it .

Nothing is easier than self-deceit. For what each man wishes, that he also believes to be true”

So said an Ancient Greek called Demosthenes.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Simon - "It's easier to fool someone than to convince someone they have been fooled."

Yup.

It's when you convince someone by fooling them into thinking they've been fooled that things start to get complicated (or, at least, foolish).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit