Letter about changes in book 100 year kingdom

by Rather Be the Hammer 15 Replies latest watchtower bible

• sir82
    sir82

The changes are pretty innocuous - mostly update to names of meetings & publications.

Of course, that doesn't mean that future changes would be equally insignificant.

What seems interesting to me is that the book was released in mid-2014, and the format of the midweek meeting changed in 2016 - just 1-1/2 years later.

According to Splane in the September broadcast, changes like that are years, maybe even a decade or more, in the making. So, based on Splane's explanation, they must have already been planning the meeting change when the book was being written.

So apparently they went to all the bother of printing & distributing millions of copies of a book that they knew, in advance, would have big chunks of obsolete text in a matter of 18 months or so.

Not sure what the solution would have been, but that seems pretty wasteful.

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

The changes are pretty innocuous - mostly update to names of meetings & publications.

The three changes over three printings of page 153 are interesting.

The responsibility change on page 131 is interesting too.

The subtext regarding the huge 96% reduction on the duration, coupled with the significant 33% increase in overall time, on page 189 is interesting as well.

But, granted, seemingly not the smoking gun that Rather Be the Hammer implied, hmmmm

She's getting a - let's be polite - a reputation for seemingly 'mis-hearing' letters being read out, though I think she's in the Netherlands, so maybe a language/translation issue with English - see the only other thread she's started:

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/5637342828167168/how-shake-up-jdubs

• StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel

I was somehow sure this book sported the same corporate chart found in some older WT where it shows Jehovah on top of Jesus on top of the F%DS (read GB) and then everyone else bellow them. The electronic version does not have that. Need to go back and check the book they gave us at the assembly.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

"Brother Bayatyan" has maybe "left the truth"?

Watchtower following the old Stalinist policy of airbrushing ideological renegades out of the picture.

• No Apologies
    No Apologies

We've always been at war with Eastasia.

• Rather Be the Hammer
    Rather Be the Hammer

@fastJehu nice list!

@darkspilver... did I say something wrong? I just told here what was read in the kingdom hall. Because I think it's ridiculous that the books need updating so often and soon now and I thought it was 'news' that there was an official letter about it. Did not make any assumption about how and what the changes were... maybe YOU expected it to be more.

And for the other thread I started: i thought it was ridiculous that JW don't blink an eye about lots of things, (like children's abuse) but when the Calendar is not to be continued they're in shock. Stupid.

Really I don't see any 'smoking guns'

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit