Is it okey to express your love for Jesus currently as a Jehovah's witness?

by Kosonen 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Kosonen
    Kosonen

Is it okey to express your love for Jesus as a Jehovah's witness?

It should be, even though it would lift some eyebrows in the congregation. Let's see what Jesus said:

"In turn, whoever loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and will clearly show myself to him.” (John 14:21)

Or the following statements of apostle Peter:

"in order that the tested quality of your faith,...., may be found a cause for praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ. 8 Though you never saw him, you love him. Though you do not see him now, yet you exercise faith in him and are greatly rejoicing with an indescribable and glorious joy, 9 as you attain the goal of your faith, your salvation." (1Peter 1:7-9)

The problem with the WT organization in this respect, I experienced, that the love for Jesus is not taught adequately at the meetings.

Commonly at the meetings it is said that all Jesus did and said was for God's glory.

True in some way. But I got the impression from the WT organization that we should restrict our feelings for Jesus. Because otherwise it would compete with our love for Jehovah God.

But that would be the same as to say that we should not grow in our love for each other, because that would compete with our love for Jehovah.

How then to arrange our love for Jehovah God and Jesus and our fellows and even our enemies so that our love would be properly tuned?

I think this is only possible by prayer and by the help of God's power, the holy spirit.

As a conclusion let's remember Jesus said: “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." (John 14:6)

• waton
    waton

I love the way Jesus never used the Name of his father, as in the text you cited and all others.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

My understanding is that Jesus is an after thought and only to be used in mention at the closing of a prayer.

All the attention and worship is to be given to the father who they erroneously call JEHOVAH and not the more correct pronunciation in English YAHWEH ,suggested by the WT publication "Aid To Bible Understanding"

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I love the way Jesus never used the Name of his father, as in the text you cited and all others.

Is it because JESUS knew that his name was, as recorded in Phil.2:10,11 was who his followers Christians ,were to put their faith and trust / acknowledge in for salvation.

• waton
    waton
    Is it because JESUS knew that his name was,--salvation--. bolds added

S3, are you arguing that Jesus hid the most holy Name, even in his private conversations, to push his own name into later prominence, but wt promoted the father's name later?

imho, the Jesus character is depicted as highly respective of the holy name, him even using "eli" in his last plea to heavens. Eli sounding to me very similar to the later term allah.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

Of course not.

JW's have an uncanny inability to follow even the simplest of instructions.

1. When Jesus got baptized, the father from heaven (Jehovah) said, "this is my son, my beloved. LISTEN TO HIM.

2. Jesus said, Come to me and I will give you rest.

3. Jesus commanded followers to enter into and agreement with him "for the forgiveness of sins". (Mt. 26: 27-28)

So, what do JW's do?

1. The do not listen to Jesus but prefer to listen to Jehovah in the OT

2. The do not come to Jesus, they go to Jehovah instead.

3. They ritually reject Jesus' new covenant "for the forgiveness of sins" every Memorial, making it a merry occasion.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

In Watchtower theology and doctrine, Jesus is an object, a tool that exists only to serve Jehovah's will. Jehovah uses Jesus as a carpenter uses a hammer. Just like when a carpenter is finished building his project, Jehovah puts his tools away.

Jesus Purpose according to the Watchtower

1. Create everything
    2. Glorify Jehovah's name
    3. Be a ransom sacrifice
    4. Take 1,000 years to restore humanity to perfection

After #4 Jesus is just another angel, which angels are barely above men.

If you are an active Jehovah's Witness (PIMO) trying answering at the Watchtower study and add the phrase "Jesus is my Lord and Savior" in your comment and see what happens.

• wokeup
    wokeup

It is quite telling to viewed with suspicion if a witness refers to Jesus as their Lord and Saviour. And these are professed ‘Christians’. The societies’ talks and literature go out of their way to avoid addressing him by the very titles given to him in the New Testament. The Watchtower demoted him to ‘the greatest man who ever lived’ or ‘the great teacher’.

• Kosonen
    Kosonen

Sea Breeze, truth_b_known and wokeup, thanks for your comments. I agree with you that some things should be corrected in the understanding of the truth within the JWs.

Let's pray that it happens!

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze
    How then to arrange our love for Jehovah God and Jesus and our fellows and even our enemies so that our love would be properly tuned?

That's a fair question from a JW point of view. I'd like to answer it. As in life, work, marriage-family, and many other things, if a person does not have their priorities straight, they quickly become disoriented and experience system failures.

So, first of all Jesus is the boss:

Col 1:18 says, “that in all things he [Jesus] might have the preeminence.

Phil. 2-9-11 Therefore God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow...For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell.

If a person doesn't know who their boss, spouse or landlord is, they will experience a system failure.

Jesus is the reason we are here. Until WT, gets their priorities straight, starting with Who's The Boss, every other "correction" will be of zero eternal value.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit