When JWs Pray for Houston

by NJ501 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

Too me it just doesn't seem right to just pray for JWs but to pray for all victims. I now pray all people. Is this wrong? Should you only pray for people of your own faith?

You may be on to something

Why pray for people who don't exist in Jehovah's eyes because they "do not know him."

Ummm, because the bible instructs us to.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

It has always been common among JWs that when a major natural disaster strikes to pray "for our brothers effected in this area."

• tor1500
    tor1500

Hi,

A couple of words come to mind...THEY ARE IMBRED...& a couple of more words...they don't care about anyone until it happens to them....

Everybody knows God...especially when trouble comes, even if not...what about a new hairdo or new outfit...OMG...don't everybody say it ????...I think so...

A long time ago, I asked a brother to pray for a friend of mine...he said he couldn't because they were not a study or a witness...and another sister told me the same thing...well...don't you know..at one of the midweek meetings when it was time to study the bible study book don't remember if it's this Kingdom Rule book or the one before, well one of the questions was should we pray for others...there is was in black and white directly from the scriptures....YES...I looked at both of their body language...they were stiff as boards...I'm a newbie and they mislead me...well, it's not their fault, they were mislead and don't have the sense to read the bible for themselves..

So yes JW's are supposed to pray for all...When I get a minute, I post where I saw this...I told this story before, so many of you may have read it before, but this topic fits best...

Tor

• tor1500
    tor1500

Hi All,

I'm back, I tried to find the bible study book that mentioned we/JW's should pray for all...they used this scripture:1 Tim. 2:1-6-First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgiving be made concerning all sorts of men, 2 concerning kings and all those who are in high positions,*+ so that we may go on leading a calm and quiet life with complete godly devotion and seriousness.+ 3 This is fine and acceptable in the sight of our Savior, God,+ 4 whose will is that all sorts of people should be saved+ and come to an accurate knowledge of truth. 5 For there is one God,+ and one mediator+ between God and men,+ a man, Christ Jesus,+(is this the Trinity or are they mentioned separately...God, one mediator between God and Man...Jesus, I'm just saying) 6 who gave himself a corresponding ransom for all*+—this is what is to be witnessed to in its own due time.

Again, most witnesses are inbred...be thankful that God gathered them in one place...imagine, they would be walking amongst us...and creating the same havoc and kaos that's in the society...

Tor

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

If JW's can turn their back on their closest family members what would make them care for anyone who is a non JW. No natural affection at its best.

Like Tor said above, JW's just don't get it until it directly affects them. We have witnessed this first hand. Sad!

• NJ501
    NJ501

Thanks for all the comments...Yeah I know you can't force people to pray for who you want them to pray for but I just thought wouldnt true Christians would think about others who are affected not just JWs and pray for them as well. Not once have I heard a prayer for other people who are suffering only prayers at field service to find spiritual sheep.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit