Meeting announcement for emergency contact info of non-JW friends & relatives (?)

by LongHairGal 19 Replies latest jw friends

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

I think this is a wrong expectation that people in a congregation are going to care for anybody’s aged parents.

No offense taken. I agree with your comment, and perhaps the way I phrased "care" was misleading. Shortly before my mother died she was sitting at her front window watching passers-by and as it was just before 9:00 A.M. she would remark as a vehicle went by, "There goes bro. so-and-so to the meeting for service," or, "There goes sister so-and-so to the meeting for service." Then with a catch in her voice she said, "They go THAT way to the kingdom hall, and then they go the OTHER way home. But they NEVER stop here anymore! They JUST DON'T CARE!" My parents home was separated from the kingdom hall by only two residential homes.

So yes, while one should not expect that other people in a congregation are going to care FOR aged parents, those who profess to be the only true Christians who are identified by being the only ones on the whole earth who show Christ like love for fellow believers are IMO shown to be lying hypocrites when they willfully refuse to care ABOUT anyone who is aged, shut-in, or otherwise no longer one of the chosen few.

• Foolednomore
    Foolednomore

The Jw brotherhood is a scam. As long as you tow the line as a Jw you'll have conditional "friends" even those are touch and go. Once you break the many rules or ask too many questions, then those "friends " disappear. But if you have wealth or something they want, they will be a pest in your life.

• Atlantis
  • LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

FEDUPJW:

Yes, I understand. But, far too many other Witnesses cling to erroneous beliefs..There are too many urban legends, misinformation and nonsense stories about a pile of money being dropped on needy JWs. So an assumption that somebody is going to care for somebody else’s aged parents is just one more thing added to the list.

The religion is totally wrong for telling people all along that they should have no association with relatives who are not in the JW religion. (I remember being told this in the beginning.)

So, you have far too many extreme Witnesses who alienated themselves from their flesh and blood families. There ends up being hard feelings and real hatred. I have heard of some stories!

How, then, is a Witness in later life supposed to undo decades of alienation and hard feelings created towards their families not in the religion? Some families maybe don’t WANT anything to do with the Witness.

Too bad for any haughty Witnesses who treated their non-JW families like garbage. They erroneously imagined they’d never need them and people in the hall would take care of them! ..And shame on any JWs who helped to promote such fallacies to other people in the hall..This also goes DOUBLE to any JW who started studies with people with serious issues in recent years and told them ‘they would be taken care of’. By who? I might add…Another lie added to the list of urban legends.

• solomon
    solomon

Since when do salesmen care about existing customers?

The whole Jehovah’s Witness religion is set up to recruit and sell. They still haven’t totally shaken the door to door salesman business model and the real estate flipping business.

Old people can’t pour concrete or pound nails and many aren’t good salesmen. They’re a liability, unless they have money. Those are the ones that they cater to if they think they can get a chunk of inheritance money.

In our congregation there was this old bachelor who lived in a modest home but owned millions in real estate and had a sizeable bank account. One of the elders helped him out for many years hoping that the congregation would get the money. When the old guy finally died he had given it all to his worldly nieces and nephews. Lol

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

SOLOMON:

I’m happy to hear that old bachelor was smart enough to give his money to his ‘worldly’ nieces and nephews.👍🏻 Surely he wasn’t stupid. He must have sensed the JWs were sniffing around and that any attention paid to him might have been for a purpose.

Who would want to be around this repugnant and predatory mentality??.. I’m out of the religion mainly because of the 1995 Generation teaching. The idea I would now be targeted because I am single and worked is bad enough.. But to be asked to give money to hateful people who wouldn’t be caught dead in a full-time job I got criticized for is reason enough to stay the hell away. How revolting.

• Davros
    Davros
    In our congregation there was this old bachelor who lived in a modest home but owned millions in real estate and had a sizeable bank account. One of the elders helped him out for many years hoping that the congregation would get the money. When the old guy finally died he had given it all to his worldly nieces and nephews. Lol

We had a similar story in a congregation I once went to, except the old bachelor willed his property to the WT Society instead of the Elder who took care of him.

He was one pissed off Elder.

• pontoon
    pontoon

Biahi, yes, I knew a brother with a large property with numerous houses on it. He left it all to the society except for one house his daughter lived in. The society contested the will and they won, daughter couldn't afford to fight the society's legal team. They took the girl's house.

• Foolednomore
    Foolednomore

Pontoon- Watchtower only looks for what benefits Watchtower. Screw everybody is Watchtower 's motto.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Thanks for the comments. I guess we will be hearing or reading more on this topic as it sinks into the minds of the JWs there.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit