Mother's Day is Only for Mother Church

by Sea Breeze 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Sea Breeze
  • truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

This is a great example of nutty the Watchtower can be.

Watchtower statement - Mother's Day was created in England and the United States of America. Probably true. Doesn't matter.

Watchtower statement - England and the United States of America are the chief countries of Christendom. How anyone would come to that conclusion is beyond me.

Watchtower statement - The command to honor one's father and mother is a symbol of loving Jehovah, your true father, and the Watchtower ("organization"), your true mother. This is where Rod Serling steps out from the shadows, lights a cigarette and begins an "Imagine if you will" monologue.

Watchtower statement - Mother's Day was first observed in the United States in 1914 which is the year Satan was kicked out of heaven. This leads us to the Watchtower's conclusion of conspiracy theory based logic...

• Mother's Day was invented in England and the United States.
    • England and the United States = Christendom.
    • Mother's Day was recognized in 1914 = Satan being banished to the Earth.
    • Therefore: Mother's Day = Satan & Christendom.

Charlie Day Conspiracy - UK & US = Christendom Therefor Mother's Day and by Mother's Day I mean Satan because Watchtower

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

That's hilarious!

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

Fred Franz was the main writer and inventor of all things the WT Society has set up as Gospel. I sometimes wonder if today's Governing Body think that Fred Franz was a genuine "kook". Over the years, they have moved away from any teaching that Fred Franz put forth and removed all books that he authored. Everything now is "New Light".

To think that I, at one time decades ago, bought into all of this bull shite, is totally head shaking. Once again, I will say how happy I am that my daughter and myself got out of this crazy religion.

• tresdecu
    tresdecu

Not sure what year that is from (and I doubt anyone current JWs would use something so old) but I just found this on JW.borg:

https://www.jw.org/en/jehovahs-witnesses/faq/jw-celebrate-holidays/

Opening paragraph: (see sentence in BOLD)

How do Jehovah’s Witnesses determine whether a holiday is acceptable?

Before deciding whether to celebrate a particular holiday, Jehovah’s Witnesses consult the Bible. Some holidays and celebrations clearly violate Bible principles. When that is the case, Jehovah’s Witnesses do not participate. Regarding other holidays, each Witness makes his or her own choice, striving “to maintain a clear conscience before God and men.”​—Acts 24:16.

so reading through I didn't see anything about Mothers day AT ALL.....based on this could a JW based on his own conscience (and this article) celebrate mother's day guilt free??

Thoughts??

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

As somebody raised Catholic whose family weren’t necessarily church-goers except for weddings and funerals, we didn’t analyze all these holidays!

We didn’t give a second thought about Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, Flag Day or whatnot. They were just days on the calendar and if a person chose to celebrate or partake or whatever, nobody cared.

When I became a JW I let it go in one ear and out the other.

It only seems to be JWs who pick every crumb apart and worry if something supposedly violates bible principles. Or they take interpretation to an unnecessary extreme. It’s no wonder they are neurotic and scared of their shadow but worse yet they imagine they are more righteous somehow because they want to separate themselves. Meanwhile, the whole world carries on without them oblivious to what they think.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known
    It only seems to be JWs who pick every crumb apart and worry if something supposedly violates bible principles. Or they take interpretation to an unnecessary extreme. It’s no wonder they are neurotic and scared of their shadow but worse yet they imagine they are more righteous somehow because they want to separate themselves.

Yes! This!

First, they desire to out-righteous one another to feel superior.

Second, they grasp at straws and pull at threads to unravel anything benign as if it were malignant.

• NotNew
    NotNew

Ok...great good to know!

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

The Rutherford era publications were filled with such spite and angry rants on random topics such as holidays, vaccines, fascism, aluminum and hat-tipping, it makes you wonder who would ever be attracted to such a religion.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze
    so reading through I didn't see anything about Mothers day AT ALL.....based on this could a JW based on his own conscience (and this article) celebrate mother's day guilt free??

tresdecu,

Mother's Day was a "no no" in our home growing up.

You can access the whole article by clicking of the descriptive word "Jackasses" in my OP. The basic argument is that we should be worshipping Jehovah as father and the WT Org. as Mother. The article clearly states that the command to : "honor thy father and thy mother" applies to Jehovah and the WTBTS, Inc (the organization).

The WT clearly taught that Satan, in his anger because of the birth of God's Kingdom (which no one can see except on the pages of WT publications), tempted Christendom into establishing a day to honor our Mothers.

This satanic ploy to divert attention away from our Mother Church wont work for JW's though. They are too smart to fall for this obvious Satanic machination. They have the WT to keep them from being deceived.

The reality is that the WT has done everything to weaken family bonds so that the family can be called up as a weapon, when eventually needed, against a member who gets out of line and questions "mother church".

Ironically, the whole concept of a "mother church" is very Roman Catholic:

"Roman Catholics refer to their church as the “Holy Mother Church” or, in Latin, “Sancta Mater Ecclesia.” In fact, Catholics pinpoint the Diocese of Rome, specifically the Basilica of the Savior or St. John Lateran, as the official “mother church.”

The term Holy Mother Church refers to the Roman Catholic Church in many places in literature. Cervantes’ Don Quixote (Chapter XXVII), and

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit