Days of Elijah by US Marines U-tube

by smiddy3 11 Replies latest jw friends

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

For all the newbies and lurkers who have been indoctrinated that JW`s are the only ones who know and use the name of Jehovah/

And I don`t know how to put it up here ,oh well I tried

• Xanthippe
  • jhine
    jhine

Best Answer: First, Piryform is right, Cwm Rhondda is the name of the hymn tune, to which the text "Guide Me, O Thou Great Jehovah" is set. Another text commonly set to the tune Cwm Rhondda is "God of Grace and God of glory." In fact, in Welsh the usual text is not "Arglwydd, arwain trwy’r anialwch," which was translated as "Guide Me, O Thou Great Jehovah," but "Wele'n sefyll rhwng y myrtwydd."

The term "Jehovah" is found in many other hymns, and not just those used by Jehovah's Witnesses, for example "Holy Father, great Creator" ("Great Jehovah, form our hearts and make them thine"); "My Shepherd will supply my need" ("Jehovah is his name"); and some translations of "The God of Abraham praise" ("Jehovah, great I AM"). You will find many, many more at this site
    http://www.hymnary.org/?category=text

Here is a link to some hymns containing the word Jehovah . JWs are most definitely not the only people who use the word . l hope that helps to make your point .

l tried to post the link to the Days of Elijah and couldn't .

Jan

• zeb
    zeb

Semper Fi

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    I tried to post the link to the Days of Elijah and couldn't .

I already posted it Jan.

• zeb
    zeb
  • jhine
    jhine

Thanks Xanthippe , we were cross posting . l realised that you had done it after l had posted .

Jan

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Thanks guys and gals ,for those links and info.

Their are also many ancient Churches around the world that have the name Jehovah inscribed in stone and some not so ancient.

One of which I have personally seen in fortitude Valley Qld.Aust.

One of the code names used by the Americans in the 2nd world war was "Jehovah

Dont worry zeb it was good to get both versions of the song.

• Old Navy
    Old Navy

It was November 1960 and I was a Seaman aboard USS Vega (AF-59). We were participating in a Naval Exercise involving several other ships in the Philippine Sea about midway between Okinawa to the North and Luzon, Philippines to the South. I was at the time a new Radar Operator in our Combat Information Center so had an opportunity to observe radio communications with our ship and the Task Force Commander who was on one of the other ships. Each ship for the duration of the exercise was assigned its own unique radio call sign and the Task Force Commander had been assigned the call sign "Jehovah."

At that time I was about 11 months into Active Duty with the U.S. Navy as a Naval Reservist making my escape from recent past association with the Jw's so I remember thinking, how strange to discover that the Navy made use of the name too.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

Interesting.... like JW's who claim to be different from the world, the Marines also sing praises to Jehovah by watching videos prepared for them by their leaders and by reading lyrics shown on a flat screen television mounted on a wall in front of their meeting place.

Who knew??

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit