Hilarious Radio Standup By An Ex-Witness

by pale.emperor 13 Replies latest jw experiences

• westiebilly11
    westiebilly11

I found her observational humour and her common sense dismantling of the whole jw mess brilliant! I'd love to record her show but bbc iplayer won't let me ... Hope many JWs heard it too since it was on Radio 4 midday...and here's the odd thing...I was travelling between clients and would normally listen to my cd..but ..for some strange reason, something (someone??!) made me choose to listen to the radio...Divine intervention?..Perhaps?!!

• Saename
    Saename

Yes, pale.emperor, my IQ is too low to recognise jokes.

By the way, I do wonder, too, whether any Jehovah's Witness heard that. I reckon many changed the radio station, thinking it was some kind of an apostate spreading lies.

• freddo
    freddo

Saename - Radio 4 (the BBC's flagship nationwide program) in the late morning will be routinely listened to by hundreds of thousands, maybe even a seven figure audience. (Some of their shows have reached ten million listeners) I believe if there are 1 in 400 witnesses in UK then that equals 2500 jw's would have at least started listening to the program.

Radio 4 is the most "respectable" radio channel in the UK and is held in high esteem by many and is probably viewed as the "safest" radio program by JW's in general - equivalent to BBC 1 on the TV.

How many would have continued listening I don't know but if a similar number of bible studies and "interested ones" tuned in - then all well and good.

• whathappened
    whathappened

Very funny...very true!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit