Have The Elders Ever Told You They Needed To Speak 2 You After The Meeting?

by minimus 26 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I'm sure that some elders never even gave it a thought. But I know some elders that knew they would get some people disturbed by telling them before a meeting. Some would call a person up a few days before a meeting and tell them they had something to talk to them about but would refuse to let them know what it was. When elders do that, they are exercising their authority over the "flock".Granted, not every elder did it for this reason, but I do know some that would chuckle about making a person sweat.

• Mary
    Mary
    They asked to see me after the meeting to clear up some rumors going around about me. I told them that was fine. So halfway during the meeting I left to goto the bar to watch a thursday night football game. The one elder had my cellphone # and called me and asked me where I was. I told him I got rather ill and was in bed sick. The best part was I know he could here all the background noise of the bar.

ROFLMAO!! I love it!!

Yes the elders asked to speak to me after the meeting once.........they had heard rumours that I swore alot. I said, in my best Axel Foley voice "Geeeeet the f*ck outta here! Who told ya that?!!"

Turns out that my swearing is almost paramount to apostacy and was a far greater sin than the adultery the one elder who questioned me, was committing (with a pioneer sister who was young enough to be his daughter), or the alcoholic ways of the other asshole of an elder

.... swearing..........shiiiiiiiiiiiiit.............................

• minimus
    minimus

One of my elder friends asked me the other day if the PO called me yet to set up a shepherding call. I told him "No". I then told him that he should know I have no plans to talk to any elders about anything. He didn't say anything in return.....My ears are buzzing..

• Winston Smith :>D
    Winston Smith :>D

Oh my Mary, that's too rich! If an elder lobbed a softball like that at me it would be really hard not to respond the way you did.

Recently I had an elder asked me if I got his phone message that he wanted to get together with me.

I said, "Yes, but I just ignored your message and didn't call you back."

"Oh.... , ..., well, I'd still like to get together and talk with you about the Q's you have."

Ya, I'm sure that will be an open discussion.

Winston.

• Gopher
    Gopher

I agree with Minimus that some elders love the CONTROL this kind of thing gives them. It's a sick, sadistic mind game in my book.

Amazingly enough, this problem was addressed by a District Overseer at one circuit assembly I attended. He said that an elder or two had approached a sister in one congregation, telling her they'd like to meet with her after the meeting. She sat there, worried the whole time, thinking about what could possibly be wrong. Turns out they were going to appoint her as a pioneer!!

The D.O. said don't do stuff like this, because it makes the elders look "wolflike". How right he was!

• Mary
    Mary

Anyone else ever think of Homer Simpson whenever they see the letters: "D.O."?

District Overseer = D'OH!!

Coincidence? I think not.........................

• minimus
    minimus

Thanx Gopher for expressing that. A few were trying to make me look like the Big Bad Wolf for saying what some elders are really like.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit