792 baptized this weekend at one convention

by dropoffyourkeylee 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

At a 3-day convention in Nairobi, Kenya this week 12-2-16 through 12-4-16, they had 70,000+ attendance, and there were 792 baptized (I presume the baptism was yesterday). I was amazed to hear this; I guess now we know where the WT's growth is coming from.

• freddo
    freddo

Well it sounds a lot. But it's only 1.13%. In a poor disadvantaged prime area for JW recruitment.

If that was a regional assembly in the USA and it was 79 baptised from 7000 attending it would be good but not outstanding.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

That's not what WT wants. They want the dubs with money! Not too many hefty donations coming from Kenya.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Sadly, this sums up the people who are attracted to the society. Poorly educated, from superstitious backgrounds, living in downtrodden countries that lack transparency about organizations...

If it provides peace of mind to those people - good on them.

• Thisismein1972
    Thisismein1972

Toes up. I disagree, the western world will provide the money, whilst developing countries will provide those all important figures.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

KENYA?!?!?!? Perhaps the WTBTS figures they're one step closer to Wakanda? I hear those guys are loaded....

DD

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I don't think there are that many JWs in Kenya. Was this an international convention?

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

I think it was an international assembly. The people I know that are there are residents of another African country and traveled to Nairobi just for the convention.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I didn't know they still held conventions as large as this. In Europe it seems to be around about 10,000 normally.

• jwleaks
    jwleaks

Baptism talk???

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit