Sergei isnt allowed to play violin, but Lindsey is!

by stuckinarut2 5 Replies latest social entertainment

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

So we all know that the GB have condemned the development of musical talents as shown in the latest movie of young Sergei.

Yet musical talents are a "Gift from God" right??

The gift of music could help inspire, uplift and "praise" him. Oh but , it could also distract a person and make them mix with "worldly" people... ah ha...

Compare that to the Mormons (LDS).

They encourage musical skills!

https://www.lds.org/youth/activities/missionary-work/learn-about-and-experience-missionary-work/face-to-face-with-lindsey-stirling?lang=eng

http://www.lindseystirling.com/home/

• mayushii
    mayushii

Wow, they keep on getting more and more restrictive with hobbies. It used to be that music was one of the few acceptable hobbies! When I was a pre-teen, I used to play kingdom melodies on my violin while one of the older sisters in my congregation accompanied me on piano and a middle-aged sister sang with her beautiful operatic soprano voice to entertain the friends at parties. Another sister would play classical guitar while her adorable little boys sang in harmony to amuse us. Looking back, it was rather dull because aside from a few catchy tunes, most of the music was pretty badly written, but it seemed like great fun at the time.

• FreeAgent
    FreeAgent

Sergei did not need to have his dreams crushed or come to a “Sophie’s Choice” moment.

This video is just another deplorable & embarrassingly transparent control tactic on the part of the GB. Can’t allow even a little breathing room for the rarest of human gifts. They’re talking out of both sides of their mouth, hedging their bets so they can throw out a “told you so” when someone succumbs their creative side & dares to have any personal ambition to threaten their vice grip.

The ranks of the witnesses have included an impressive array of musical & artistic talent through the years despite concerted efforts by the GB to subvert any (particularly artistic) individuality. Of course, the Org was happy to exploit this talent when it suited their needs. The JW orchestra which recorded the original Kingdom Melodies series in Brooklyn the 1980s was jam-packed with top chair players from a number of major symphonies & philharmonics before they were disbanded to save $$. Among their leaders was Harold Blanchard, a top-notch Julliard trained pianist & composer. Blanchard was a monster player, globally respected & influential. Check out his “New Earth Sonata”, recorded with a group including Chic Corea & Hubert Laws, produced by Quincy Jones no less:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cM6EHufrZgo

If they had their way the Org would deny something that beautiful to the world. Blanchard & other gifted artists didn’t let some cynical & control-drunk old men stifle their spirits, though no doubt the trajectory of their dreams was severely altered in the process.

Keep chasing your passions, kids. As Red said, “Some birds aren’t meant to be caged. Their feathers are just too bright.”

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Well said FreeAgent!

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

RIGHT ON FREE AGENGT & STUCKINARUT2!!!

Beautiful music BTW, the guitar style reminds me a little of virtuoso Kaki king

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=guitar+kaki&view=detail&mid=7F61F7AD76318AAD9B227F61F7AD76318AAD9B22&FORM=VIRE

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Well, Lindsey Stirling plays popular music, and still holds to her faith. (She doesn't push her faith on her fans in any way though.)

She does give credit for her gift to God, and uses her skills to bring joy to all her fans.

The GB though demonise spending any time developing a musical talent, yet at the same time cry out for skilled musicians to exploit for the societies aims! Pure hypocrisy!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit