Congregation in U.K. "executed"!

by The Searcher 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Latest from a reliable source:

"More news from the South-West of England.

Cinderford congregation has been terminated. If you look on jw.org it hasn't disappeared yet (Dec 20th 2015) but it's meeting time is shown as Sunday at 10.00 am and that is not possible, as Lydney who shared the same hall are listed as Sunday at 10.30 am.

Cinderford and Lydney shared a hall in Parkend, Lydney, Gloucestershire. Cinderford was the smaller of the two and has been disbanded among Lydney and Ross-on-Wye.

It is reported that the brother announcing it cried when on the platform."

MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE:

During a "passing" visit from an elder & his wife last week, she commented that "possible changes were coming to "our congregation." and she hoped that they weren't going to have to join up with a congregation just a few miles away!

I'd bet on it - knowing what the local congregation's elders' view regarding the Org's "money" situation appears to be!!

The Org's "master plan" will pick up speed. Watch this space.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    It's the downhill slide, and it's going to hurt.
  • nicolaou
    nicolaou
    And thanks for keeping us updated Searcher.
  • Witness 007
    Witness 007
    Merging smaller congs. is a good business plan. My moms foriegn language cong. has shrunk down to nothing.
  • snugglebunny
    snugglebunny
    Forest of Dean. There be witches there...
  • stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

i wonder what property is worth there------

• PlatinumFix
    PlatinumFix
    Found out the Kingdom Hall in Beccles, Suffolk is being/has been sold. I think they will be meeting at the KH in Lowestoft.
  • Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

when i was a kid we used to meet in a cheap rented hall above a shop, then we rented a hall above the community centre, then we bought our own hall right near the high street for lots of money.

Even as a kid it didnt make any sense, if the end was imminent wtf were we doing buying an expensive hall to meet in? They sold that hall about 10 years ago for a very tidy sum and built a hall on the edge of town and had a large slush fund. You can bet your ass it's all gone to cult HQ by now. I can see them being forced to hall share very soon too if they arent already.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

What were the numbers of "publishers" in each of those congs?

And what was the average attendance numbers at each meeting?

• LV101
    LV101

Thanks, Searcher!

Wonder if the fallout is bigger in UK right now. Hope it's worse here but afraid to get my hopes up.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit