Dec 2016 study edition 'Setting your mind on the spirit.' WTF?

by Esse quam videri 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Esse quam videri
    Esse quam videri

So the study article 'Setting Your Mind on the Spirit Means Life and Peace.' At paragraph 9 a little pictorial lecture for anyone setting their minds on the flesh. Brother Fleshly Minded talking about having a sailboat. What do you want with a sailboat Br. Fleshly Minded? Keep your mind on the spiritual rewards.

Now jump ahead in the same Dec 2016 study edition to the article ' Jehovah Rewards Those Earnestly Seeking Him.' Here we see Bro. Spiritual pointing to a, what is that out there he is pointing to? Oh, right, a 'sailboat.' Looks like he is telling his lady that the sailboat is A-Okay. Honey, we are going to have one of those sailboats. Yessiree Bob. That's what I want now, a 'sailboat.'

What? Pardon? Excuse me? Hunh?????????

• OUTLAW
  • 2+2=5
    2+2=5

I think the message is; if you don't waste time and money on boats, Jehovah will reward you with a boat.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

Well it's pretty plain to see that Brother Spiritual is telling his wife about how Brother Fleshly minded brazenly bought that sailboat, in "spite of the counsel I gave him, so when he dies at Armageddon. . .soon. . . for not being obedient to those taking the lead Jehovah is going to reward me and give me his sailboat."

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

They are saying give us all your money and time and in the new world you can get a boat. That's really what thier message is slavery till the new world.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Yes, because the very notion of spending time on a boat, "enjoying the wonders of creation" cant possibly bring one closer to "the creator Jehovah" now can it??

What if the sailboat is used to preach to people on islands?

Or what if the sailboat is used to enjoy an afternoon of spiritual refreshment with the friends, after first preaching all morning, and then sitting on the deck studying the latest articles from the Faithful and Discreet Slave?

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

WT promotes materialism..on their terms. Do what we say and you can have it all, in the new system. New house, perfect family, boats, plenty of land if you want. All at the expense of everyone else being put to death. It promotes a lot of the sick mental conditions in JWs that we hear about.

• sparky1
    sparky1

If Pastor Russell can have a yacht, why can't Brother Fleshly Minded have a sloop?

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

That is just a way to entice people to give all their energy to joke-hova for the purpose of global enslavement. Everything you want now, has to wait until you are done with your work. What they don't say is that your work is to make it impossible for anyone, except a few at the top that are enforcing enslavement on everyone else, to get anything. Work and toil, for nothing except the benefit of a few at the top and ultimately joke-hova, is all you get.

As for hounding anyone for wanting anything, that is just a poverty working. Planning for something good for yourself, whether it is wanting something or researching it, is a weak working toward getting it. Usually, it does not work--but, on the off chance that it does, joke-hova does not want you doing it. That thing classifies wanting a material object as a mild form of spiritism, or using your soul to acquire something in reality. Which is why they hound you not to want anything except for joke-hova to enslave the world. Of course, it is not strong enough to warrant more than a hounding about "materialism", but that is usually enough to stop anyone from doing even that.

• Chook
    Chook

Those guys are the builders of new earth , can you see how busy there hands are . Corporate speed

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit