Organized Rioting Across America Due To A Black Man’s Death

by minimus 62 Replies latest jw friends

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I've heard that some organized protests are often infiltrated by opponents who deliberately try to incite violence in order to discredit said protests' agendas.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

370 Million Americans

1 Million Americans serve in some capacity as law enforcement officer

250 Million contacts between law enforcement officers in their official capacity and private citizens annually

Annually in the U.S. about 1,000 of those 250 million contacts result in law enforcement officers using deadly force and less than 1% of those encounters were declared unjustified. in 2019 there were 1,005 people in the U.S. that were killed by the police.

Statistically speaking, in the U.S, more white people are killed by the police than any other ethnic background. Also statistically black and Hispanic persons are more likely to be killed by the police. However, studies have shown that the ethnicity of the police officer who uses deadly force has had no bearing on whether deadly force was used because of the suspect's skin color.

Studies have also shown that a reason for the disproportionate amount of deadly force used against minorities is because contact between the police and minorities is higher. This may be because the police contact may be higher in economically depressed areas.

• Simon
    Simon

At least the gun debate has been settled for the next 20 years so we won't keep hearing about it.

Anyone telling people that they don't need an AR-15 can just be told "2020".

"When seconds count, the police are minutes away" ... or possibly, not going to respond at all because they are busy with other things.

• Simon
    Simon

The link between the death and the riots is tenuous. This was simply an opportunity for some to enact plans that have obviously been drawn up well in advance. There are two groups here:

Antifa, well organized and funded, who plan and instigate

BLM, idiots who provide the cover and the looting thugs

There are a handful of people in BLM who probably see what is going on, but the majority just seem to want free sneakers and whatever else they can grab.

Both these groups are completely responsible for the violence that happens as a result of their "protests" which are poorly organized and controlled (or, perfectly organized and managed, if they are honest).

• cofty
    cofty

Russia's Active Measures (aktivnye meropriyatiya) agencies will be relishing the chaos and fanning the flames through social media.

• minimus
    minimus

I agree that this is basically just an opportunity for these people to put forth an agenda. The majority of people don’t know this poor dad man. They are there for the revolution. Some are honest hearted about it and others are fomentors.

• sparky1
    sparky1

"Various domestic terror groups on BOTH far left & right are instigating & committing acts of violence & looting."

"They are stealing the focus away from the murder of Mr. Floyd & the legitimate problems it revealed."

"After a very peaceful protest a dozen or so agitators in Ft. Lauderdale who came with plastic bottles with some unknown fluid & began throwing them at police."

"These agitators were NOT from BLM or any other African American group & in fact BLM organizer tried to get them to stop." - Senator Marco Rubio R-FL Twitter Feed last night

• TD
    TD

In addition to the rioting, which is certainly upsetting enough all by itself, I'm disturbed by the number of reporters who have been arrested even after identifying themselves and sometimes on live camera.

At least half a dozen have been shot with pepper balls, and soft bullets, again with credentials displayed, microphones out and 500 feet back, sometimes on live camera

A female independent photojournalist is now permanently blind in her left eye after having been shot in the face and a female Swedish foreign correspondent was shot in the hip, which is something much of Europe is trying to wrap their minds around. (Non-lethal projectiles in both cases.)

If as some suggest, the protests are part of an organized effort to destabilize and create civil unrest in the U.S., the indiscriminate heavy-handedness of the police is certainly not helping.

• silentbuddha
    silentbuddha

As a side note I will be going to a protest here in NC with my teenage daughter again to observe. We went to the "Fayetteville" protest yesterday and I have some comments I would like to share, but not until this evening is over.

I will say the media (both sides of it) are truly manipulating what people see and I see this as far more criminal than the actions taking place on the streets in this country.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

these rioters are just smashing up their own neighbourhoods. same thing happened in Birmingham UK in the 80's.

when the fires are out and the dust has settled.. the rioters can admire their handiwork..then get down and clean their shit up.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit