I started a new podcast about my life as a JW today

by dubstepped 23 Replies latest jw experiences

• Old Navy
    Old Navy

Well done Dubstepped! Your web pages are easy to navigate and the quality of your recordings is excellent.

• smiddy
    smiddy

maybe i`m getting too old this technology is going way over my head Libsyn ? iTunes ? podcast ?

I`ll stick to this forum.

Hey dubstepped I wish you well and success in what your doing even if I dont comprehend it.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

Thank you, Dubstepped. I just listened to it. Great job!

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

So happy for the feedback from some that listened. I'm no audio engineer but did my best with a headset mic, laptop, and Audacity, a free recording software.

I'm also a person that feels weird about being seen, whether literally or in this case just putting myself out there, but I've been pushing my own boundaries since leaving the Borg.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

@smiddy - It's just essentially an online radio program. People often download them onto their phones so they can listen on the go. I listen to all kinds of cool shows, all absolutely free, all day while working.

You can just go to my very simple website, thisjwlife.com, and press play and listen on your computer. It sounds fancier than it is.

• Londo111
    Londo111

I'll keep an eye out for it on iTunes. Hopefully it will show up soon.

• WHATSGOINGON
    WHATSGOINGON

Hi Dubstepped

I listened to both of them last night - they were really awesome keep them coming.

I can totally relate to everything - although I was a born in until I faded at 39 a couple of years ago.

Thanks for your hard work !! The sound was great and it was very conversational !!

WGO

• mentalclarity
    mentalclarity

I listened to both episodes and it brought back alot of memories. It makes me so mad for you that you weren't encouraged to pursue higher education and even got a scholarship.

My JW sister got a scholarship which she forfeited as well.

I never took the PSAT or SAT/ACT either. I was never encouraged to even go to the junior college. I was a really bright kid who did very well in school until high school when I started leading a double-life. As a girl JW my choices were to either be a pioneer or marry. I ended up leaving home when I was 19 years old.

You have a manner of speaking that is very easy to follow. I look forward to your future episodes!

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

I have been emailed by iTunes and it should now be available there. I went to the app on my computer and searched for "This JW Life" and found it under podcasts as I scrolled down.

Can anyone out there that uses iTunes regularly confirm that it is working for them? It's not my usual podcatcher of choice, but I know it's what most people use. I use Podcast Republic on my Android phone and was just able to subscribe to it there.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Thanks for the link Well done

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit