Preaching Slowdown

by cornish 46 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

I know I've said this before but if you take the number of hours and divide this by the number of baptised over the past 15 years or so, a steady decrease in effectivness is revealed. The supposed increase in the US was in fact due to the 15 minute rule and to a lesser extent the larger than average number of reinstatements. The number of baptised fell into the general pattern of decline as has been happening for some years now. The greater number of those baptised were children of JWs. This percentage is increasing statistically every year as the total slowly rises yet the number of baptised slowly falls.

I noticed in a recent WT that they "explained" the growing ineffectiveness of their proselytizing as Proof that we are in the last days. They put a new twist of the Matthew 24:13 verse that says "the love of the greater number would cool off". They applied it as the love for God and the Bible! I do not remember them using it in quite this way before. It is an invaluable verse as it is so flexible it can and has been used in numerous ways. Crime, Family breakdown,apostacy,loss of zeal for preaching,etc....

This directly contradicts the earlier statements that asserted that Jehovah would "speed it up" and remarkable increase would be seen before the end.

PS...I think most here realize I feel the passage was written in it's present form post 70 CE to convince many that Jerusalem's fall was not a tragedy that paralyzed the early Jesus cults but rather "proof" of it's inspiration.

• mizpah
    mizpah

Peacefulpete:

Oh, you were doing so well until your "PS." I thought that we finally reached a subject of agreement. But except for that...your points are well taken.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Anecodotal evidence from downunder is that there must be a slowdown. Irrespective of the reports, what is seen 'on the ground' is that the visition is scarce, and the witnessing groups are seen far less now than 5 years ago.

Mrs Ozzie was only remarking about this to me today.

So, it matters little what is shown on reports; what is actually happening in the territory?

Cheers, Ozzie

• Frank75
    Frank75

It is a joke. One chronic liar was a young kid who never put his report in. When I asked, he would say "29 hours". When I said "very good, which groups do you go to, after school?" He would look to his left then right and then just say "I mean 12 hrs".....Riiiiiiight!!!!

Oh well, who is the bigger idot, him or me?

We also had two special pioneers in the hall. They did not have to turn in their report, as they sent theirs direct to the society. Even so I got them to report to encourage the brothers. What a riot, as it did not seem to matter how sick they were, or how many vacations they took, they always miraculously came up with 140 hours!....Exactly 140!!

Of course you know that the penalty for not getting your time in as a special Pio, was "no money!" No $150 allowance, was incentive enough to lie yourself purple.

With the dishonesty prevelant in the societies publications, how can the minor increases be trusted as accurate anyway....even truthful.

Frank

• Joker10
    Joker10

Anybody know how many publishers reported in June in the U.S. I wonder if the Inactive program of January-March did any good.

• Joker10
    Joker10

Anybody know how many publishers reported in June in the U.S. I wonder if the Inactive program of January-March did any good.

• SYN
    SYN

It's fairly obvious that a large fraction of Dubs today pull their Field Service hours directly out of that place where the sun does not cast it's rays, figuratively speaking.

What makes it worse is that the Tower compounds this laughable spectacle by playing with the numbers themselves.

They're not quite as good at it as Enron (for instance, I doubt that any Governing Body member is clued-up enough to do a "dark swap"), but they're getting there!

Watch out for ex-Enron accounting employees to show up at the highest levels of Bethel soon!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit