stupid questions

by road to nowhere 11 Replies latest watchtower bible

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

paragraph 4 today: "What are we gonna consider?" maybe that is the article title? the other is: "what will we consider next week?"

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

They have been doing that for some years now. Its part of the dumbing down of the information and i suspect also part of self indoctrination. Repetition over and over of simple ideas to make them stick.

• steve2
    steve2

It's a bit of a change that they used ungrammatical wording. Is the question actually written that way (i.e., "What are you gonna consider?")?

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

"Today we are going to "consider" the study article in the October 1st Watchtower and by "consider", we mean that each and every one of us, is going to conclude, that the information presented is absolutely true."

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

What? Does the text in the Wt state: "What are we gonna consider?" Can you clarify? This is beyond dumbing down. I can see the R&F say this, but it couldn't possibly be in the text.

• Spiral
    Spiral

I think the OP is referencing the question to paragraph 3 which is: "What will we consider in this article?" The word "gonna" might have been said from the stage.

I agree that the studies are so dumbed down they ask repeatedly things like what are we studying, what will we study next week, let's review what we just learned, or this item from today's study in paragraph 1: "Why can there be no doubt that God's word exerts power? (See opening picture). A staged set of pictures! Everything is directed as if the audience were small children. The questions really make the meeting slow and boring.

I find this article interesting because it's about reading scriptures in the ministry, even though they've pushed everything toward showing people something on the tablet (which is also shown in a picture). They also mention meditating on the scriptures, as if just reading a scripture and thinking about it was really meditation.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

I didn't look up the exact phrasing this week, hence the gonna and citing the wrong paragraph number. The same stupid questions are in nearly all the studies, and the conductor can at times spend 5 minutes on it. It is mind numbing. They can go past something that could be discussed with some thought so fast you can't even keep up.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Next week we're going to consider the lilies of the field. As if.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

next week we are gonna learn how to speak English without sounding like a moron.

• jp1692
    jp1692

Let's review what we just learned: It’s a cult!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit