The lazy mans way to start a new O.P.

by The Rebel 15 Replies latest jw friends

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

Hope you are understanding, if I shorten a reply i made on another thread and make it an O.P.

I honestly believe, we are all here as writers creating our small masterpieces. I believe each of our posts brings light to the air of who we really are. This forum is our form of artistic expression which we were denied in the organisation. I feel if watchtower survivors can be respecting of each other's moral, religious and scientific standpoint, then as a group we have achieved something that was impossible in an organisation where independent thinking was denied.

As for myself I appreciate being able to express the dominant emotions within me, and I now try to unite in harmony with each poster, even when our feelings and beliefs are contradictory to each other. By doing so I feel I have come along way. A very long way. I am sorry for all those posts in which I have failed in that objective.

How do you feel about the small masterpiece you are writing on this forum?

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

Very nice thought, that we're here writing about who we are.

I enjoy getting to write without worrying about who might not approve of the content.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

I honestly believe, we are all here as writers creating our small masterpieces - I think I get what the OP is trying to say but I'm not sure about this. I think I disagree.

I believe that most of us posters don't write masterpieces. There are lots of intelligent people who post good stuff here - this forum has a high standard, IMO. I think I'm fairly intelligent and capable of writing decent posts that ask intelligent questions or have a decent content. Sometimes I live up to my potential. But I don't post masterpieces.

Maybe a few posters do (or did). Leolani (have I spelt her name correctly?) had a great knowledge of the bible and the ancient world. I would class her scholarly posts as masterpieces. Cofty's Evolution is a Fact series is also a masterpiece, IMO.

There are lots of decent posts that ask intelligent questions or contain sound facts and conclusions but I think most aren't masterpieces.

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

Iown Mylife " I enjoy getting to write without worrying about who might not approve of the content"

The Rebel. I went to a Polish wedding on Saturday, with each speech a snaps was drunk, ( Vodka) my wife got out of it because she was driving, as for myself I drunk my share with a few bottles of the grooms home made beer. Anyway my point was this was very different from a Jehovers Witness wedding, but it was a great wedding, and nobody was drunk except myself ( I am not used to vodka) and I learnt from it, why should I disapprove of a the " content" of other wonderful people's enjoyment. Once again It was a great wedding, and more importantly between two people who obviously loved each other.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Yes, visiting here and posting has been a therapeutic outlet. Plus I have benefited from the collective experiences and wisdom of others. For this I am grateful.

And, if in the process any of my posts have helped others, then I am glad to of been of help.

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

LoveUnHateExams " I believe that most of us posters don't write masterpieces"

The Rebel, But imagine this place is a maternity ward, and the nurse informs you that you now have a beautiful little child. You may feel embarrassed as a white father if the child is black, but it's still a masterpiecešŸ˜©

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

But imagine this place is a maternity ward, and the nurse informs you that you now have a beautiful little child. You may feel embarrassed as a white father if the child is black, but it's still a masterpiecešŸ˜©

Well, when you put it like that ...

• compound complex
    compound complex

Greetings, The Rebel:

Thank you for what you wrote back to me on the thread about who we were and who we are. Somehow, what you have expressed there and here on this new thread has helped me put my own writing in perspective. This is not a writers' forum per se, but all our contributions have value.

Not so many years back, we had many threads of stories and poetry -- and commentary. I miss that.

I appreciate what you are doing. As others have told me not to stop writing, I say the same to you!

Best regards . . .

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

How do you feel about the small masterpiece you are writing on this forum?

Image result for Ta da!

• millie210
    millie210

The Rebel, I always click on every thread you start because you open up new pathways in my brain.

You have a unique way of looking at life that is your gift. I am so glad we get to experience your perspective here through words.

There are many people who write from intellect and there are many books written by such people also. If a person wants to glut themselves with information the internet is a banquet table for sure.

As for me, I like the block party feel to this forum. I like the "average" posters who are sharing from their heart.

To share from your heart takes guts and courage. I think of all that wellspring of thought and feeling that has been suppressed so long by the Org as bubbling to the surface here in peoples posts.

I find bits of myself in other peoples words and thoughts and it helps with healing which is really why Im here.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit