The Last Supper

by Teddy 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Luo bou to
    Luo bou to

I knew one bro in the 60's who started partaking thenstopped having sex with his wife caused he now considered that he was a virgin so many red flags like the WT claim that the millions killed under Nero were not all faithfull allowing for their claim that the number is not complete yet yeh right set alight on stakes on the Apian way but did not die faithfull I'M ASHMED TO ADMIT I paid lip serviceto this cult for more than 50 years WHAT AN IDIOT I WAS MY NAME ROBERT MORRISON BRISBANE AUSTRALIA

• prologos
    prologos
    Lbt: "-- the WT claim that the millions killed under Nero were not all faithfull allowing for their claim that the number is not complete yet yeh right set alight on stakes on the Apian way but did not die faithfull

yeah, Rev 20:4 clearly defines those that rule with Christ as martyrs, executed by the ax, not mere partakers dying morphine-laden in hospital beds. and to think that only 80 per year of the billions of Christians over the 2 millenia count. disqualified, because they did not believe in the coming overlapping generation!

• smiddy
    smiddy

or more Welcome Teddy

The JW`s always said that as they got closer to the Great Tribulation -Armageddon , that they claimed would take place before the 20th Century ended , the number of anointed would decrease to only a handfull left to go into the" New system"

We are now 16 years into the 21st Century and the numbers are still going up .

The numbers of anointed did drop to about 8000 and remained around that figure for about 35 years , from about the 1950`s -1960`s

Since the 1990`s that figure has now increased to around 14000 of anointed as of 2016 .

Go figure ?

Next time you have a study ask your JW conductor to " Please explain" ?

And when they talk about" New Light." , remember that is an excuse for previous failed prophecys , which are many .Far too many to list here , do more research before comitting yourself and regretting it for the rest of your life.

smiddy

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Welcome Teddy. Having been there, done it, and bought the T-shirt, I sincerely hope that you continue to research and ask questions about what you're being told is "the truth."

You will be shown some simple, straightforward truths which you never knew by your study conductor. However, you are going to see a very different side of them/J.W.'s when you start asking pointed questions regarding some of their so-called Bible teachings. Topics such as, "Why do J.W. leaders dictate that only those who are "anointed" in their organization are Christ's brothers?" as proven by this statement -

Watchtower 2010 1/15 p. 5 par 12 & footnote - "Jesus’ "other sheep" will not become sons of God until the end of the thousand years.

And yet the Bible says this -

(Matthew 12:50) whoever does the will of my Father who is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother."

(Matthew 13:38) The field is the world; as for the fine seed, these are the sons of the kingdom;

(Mark 3:35) Whoever does the will of God, this one is my brother and sister and mother."

(Luke 8:21) In reply he said to them: "My mother and my brothers are these who hear the word of God and do it."

(John 1:12,13) However, as many as did receive him, to them he gave authority to become God’s children.........

(Rom. 8:14) For all who are led by God’s spirit, these are God’s sons.

(1 John 5:1) Every one who believes that Jesus is the Christ is a child of God..........(Revised Standard Version)

Also, ask them why their organization is being sued for mi££ion$ as a result of them shielding paedophiles from the authorities. Google for the evidence - something J.W.'s are warned not to do!

Best wishes.

• OutsiderLookingIn
    OutsiderLookingIn

Hi Teddy,

I wasn't sure if your question was whether it was true that that's what JWs teach or if that interpretation is Biblically sound. It is true that JWs teach that only 144,000 should partake as they are the only ones going to heaven to rule with Christ--and this number partaking today should be decreasing with time, not increasing. But it is not Biblically sound.

It is based on stringing very distinct topics together. For one, the reference to little flock is only to his 12 disciples (or would it be 11 as they've somehow concluded that Judas had already left?) yet somehow they extrapolate based on nothing to get to the 144,000. The number is only mentioned twice in the entire Bible and both times in Revelation (ch. 7:4 and 14:1) and I find it interesting that those verses suggest they would be on earth NOT heaven. For instance, chapter 7 discusses the 144,000 being sealed before harm occurs to the earth and sea. Oh, the way they claim it's about those who will rule with Jesus is based on something the 144,000 don't even say (Revelation 5:8-10). And as freddo mentioned, the number is supposedly literal even though the reference over four verses to the distribution over the 12 tribes of Israel is purely symbolic.

What the Bible does say is that it's something to do in remembrance of Jesus (Luke 22:19-20; 1 Corinthians 11:23-26) and that those who don't take the bread and cup (eat his flesh and drink his blood) have no life in them (John 6:51-56). You should ask whoever is studying with you. I remember this was one of the issues that absolutely shocked me when I learned about it. You gather once a year to pass the symbols of Jesus's sacrifice for virtually no one to partake?? Exactly what is the point? And then there's logic: in the nearly 2,000 years since Christ died, there haven't been 144,000 faithful people? There's so much to this onion and the more you peel it, the more it stinks. But that's a start. Oh, and I've never been a JW so you can say this is apostate-free information

Also, all the verses that Searcher specified are spot on. ANYONE who receives Jesus becomes a child of God.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit