Did you become more antisocial after waking up?

by paradiseseeker 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

I was never shy so, no.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

SPARROWDOWN:

You hit the nail on the head about JWs forced socializing!!

In addition to these idiots thinking they can tell you who you CANNOT talk to - they think they are going to inflict certain others on you!! This is why I’m glad I’m out. At least when I was in there was a better class of people there.

Nowadays, many disturbed individuals have come into the religion:..homeless types and others with serious “issues”. Well...Let a brother take one of these individuals to some elder’s house at dinner time. (Lean hard on the bell.) I’d like to see how that works out...But, they’re certainly not getting near ME!

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

The exact opposite occurred in my life. When I was a JW, I was highly embarrassed by my religion and funny beliefs that I inherited. So, I tended not to socialize with normal people. Now, I wear my exJW life as a badge. I love engaging with anyone about my past. I can tell stories that are funny, and others that are extremely sad.

Despite the 100 years of knocking on doors, the general population knows nothing about this religion. Our stories are enlightening and highly entertaining. Thus, I have become a very social creature. Stop on by, I will open a bottle of wine and we can tell some stories.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit